Kanye gotta be top 5

Kayne West is trash

T Pain has to stop this trend of these ******** with the electronic/hip hop voice rapping or singing

Trash......I think that is kind of harsh. He must of stole your woman, She’ll comeback when he is done. His beats alone keep him from being trash. Also T-Payne can’t help it if dudes are taking his flavor, he resurrected it anyways.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trash......I think that is kind of harsh. He must of stole your woman, She’ll comeback when he is done. His beats alone keep him from being trash. Also T-Payne can’t help it if dudes are taking his flavor, he resurrected it anyways.

Kayne hasnt made a real great "HIP HOP " beat in awhile im going back to either Luicifer on Jays album

or even through the wire...I even give Game " Dreams" but his latest stuff is straight G A R B A G E...I have no clue why

he is recieving this amount of hype..He has gone into the electronice age now instead of usuing the drum patterns and some simple sample

Kanye is about the best thing for hip-hop right now, style, substance, beats, improving lyrical talent. You might not like Kanye's music, but I hope that he inspires some young hip-hop talent to rhyme about something other than being a delinquent...

cause he is commercialized ..Kayne is whats wrong with hip hop now cause he is following a trend . His next album is going to be trash cause he has been usuing that vocal coder..There are TONS of rappers out there that speak a positive message ...Common, Mos Def

and Talib kweli yet they stay underground and true to what they believe in ...Kayne West used to be a so called " back pack" rapper but he has been so commercialized now he cant stay true to his original art form ...If you are going say artist can develop there traits I agree and try new things but that always doesnt mean they are putting out good music...

and :lol: Kayne improving lyricially

My 2 year old son even thinks these tracks are hot.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Why we argue over top 5, 10 or 15 doesn't make any sense as it is just that persons opinion and nothing you say or type will change that person's opinion.

No one's top 5 or 10 is exactly the same and it shouldn't because we all like different styles and different things.

Because their opinion is wrong and mines better!! :P

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

/thread

Kayne hasnt made a real great "HIP HOP " beat in awhile im going back to either Luicifer on Jays album

or even through the wire...I even give Game " Dreams" but his latest stuff is straight G A R B A G E...I have no clue why

he is recieving this amount of hype..He has gone into the electronice age now instead of usuing the drum patterns and some simple sample

Well if you are coming from the perspective of real hip hop vs. fake then that is just a conversation about personal tastes. I guess I look at Kanye through a different scope. I understand his passion and I understand what he tries to do production wise(since I make a living doing the same thing but not close to his contracts……yet). A dude like that doesn’t like to be pigeon holed (look at his personality) creatively. He likes to branch out, try different things and experiment. He has mastered the soul beats thing and is looking to take things to an international level. Grabbing a sample and chopping it up is not amazing anymore. I recently taught my 9-year-old nephew how to do that on an mpc. Also everybody is stepping on each other’s toes when it comes to digging in the crates. Last who can do it better than Pete Rock, RZA, ect…most now are just little clones. Also you need to check Kanye’s catalog. He still does a lot of stuff for underground artists especially where he is from and that is why I said he is not trash…….

Well if you are coming from the perspective of real hip hop vs. fake then that is just a conversation about personal tastes. I guess I look at Kanye through a different scope. I understand his passion and I understand what he tries to do production wise(since I make a living doing the same thing but not close to his contracts……yet). A dude like that doesn’t like to be pigeon holed (look at his personality) creatively. He likes to branch out, try different things and experiment. He has mastered the soul beats thing and is looking to take things to an international level. Grabbing a sample and chopping it up is not amazing anymore. I recently taught my 9-year-old nephew how to do that on an mpc. Also everybody is stepping on each other’s toes when it comes to digging in the crates. Last who can do it better than Pete Rock, RZA, ect…most now are just little clones. Also you need to check Kanye’s catalog. He still does a lot of stuff for underground artists especially where he is from and that is why I said he is not trash…….

good post. I wanted to state I am 27 so Im not some young kid from today whos Hip Hop knowledge is nothing before 2001.. My job is knowing my classics, I work very closely with a legedn who created some of that classic music. Shaud will co sign this.. So I guess I will rename my thread, "Kanye is top 5 of relevant rappers right now". No way no how do I put him top 5 of all time, Jay & Nas barely makes that list & they are two of my fav of all times.

good post. I wanted to state I am 27 so Im not some young kid from today whos Hip Hop knowledge is nothing before 2001.. My job is knowing my classics, I work very closely with a legedn who created some of that classic music. Shaud will co sign this..

Yup Sheik has done a very good 2 hour radio show with MC Search(think I spelled it right) and Nas that I listened too.