WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!? This is the ref's fault entirely!

Quicksand

That's why you have 5 people viewing the play from different points of view so you don't **** it up.

I saw it in HD on a 65" TV and it still looked like a muff w/o re-play. All the refs are standing in one spot looking at the same things. They are spread around the field looking at assigned things that they are supposed top be looking at. I'm sure you really knew that though. If all the refs. were standing in 5 different angles to view one play and they still got it wrong then OK but I would be blocking everyone in the back because no one would be watching. Don't get me wrong, I'm as hurt as anyone over the way it went down in the end but there was quite a few things that cost us this game. We just have to re-group and go beat Oak. By the way, Hall is going to get torched.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it in HD on a 65" TV and it still looked like a muff w/o re-play. All the refs are standing in one spot looking at the same things. They are spread around the field looking at assigned things that they are supposed top be looking at. I'm sure you really knew that though. If all the refs. were standing in 5 different angles to view one play and they still got it wrong then OK but I would be blocking everyone in the back because no one would be watching. Don't get me wrong, I'm as hurt as anyone over the way it went down in the end but there was quite a few things that cost us this game. We just have to re-group and go beat Oak. By the way, Hall is going to get torched.

Like I said, it doesn't matter. You viewed it from what the camera man decided to put the camera on. The NFL has 5 referees on the field to view the play to make sure they get the right call.

Like I said, it doesn't matter. You viewed it from what the camera man decided to put the camera on. The NFL has 5 referees on the field to view the play to make sure they get the right call.

Go back and read the entire post and you might learn what the other refs. are doing.They don't all gather around the returner to see if he muffs the ball or not. Their is one ref. assigned to watching that and others assigned all up and down the field looking for blocks in the back, holding, ect..... I'LL CAPITOLIZE IT SO YOU CAN READ IT. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT ASSIGNMENTS TO WATCH.

In live play that ball did look like a muff. Im pretty sure most people thought it was when jennings ran up like that and was inches from it. Anyone that thinks they could have made a better call is full of themselves. Within 1 second you can tell if a ball is touching someones fingertips within inches. It's simple Jennings stays his punk *** 5 yrds away from it and this isn't a discussion. He runs under it and catches it cleanly and this isn't a discussion.

Refs get an opportunity to talk it over with the other refs on the field.......so no excuse.

...and the ball.

You must have never played or even been to a real game before. We are all mentioning different things they watch and you keep thinking that all the refs. are all looking at the punter, illegal blocks, blocks in the back and yes, EVEN THE BALL. But only one ref. looks at each individual thing. For example, on side line catches, you normally have one ref. looking at the feet and the other looking at control of the ball. Did you think that a ref. goes cross sighted and sees both things?

You must have never played or even been to a real game before. We are all mentioning different things they watch and you keep thinking that all the refs. are all looking at the punter, illegal blocks, blocks in the back and yes, EVEN THE BALL. But only one ref. looks at each individual thing. For example, on side line catches, you normally have one ref. looking at the feet and the other looking at control of the ball. Did you think that a ref. goes cross sighted and sees both things?

Get off your high horse. This was an inexcusable call that a highly paid NFL referee should have made. There is a reason there is more than one ref on the field, they are suppose to collaborate on these sorts of calls.

Watching it in real time, I never thought he touched it. I'm not saying that just to be disagreeable, but I thought it was a terrible call at the time.

I saw red for quite a while afterwards, I think my GF was a tad scared.

Still, watching the press conference afterwards I was very impressed with Smitty and how he didn't try to deflect blame for the loss onto the officials. Fact is that we may have won it if they hadn't f**ked up the call, but the loss came down to more than just one bad call.

We are 4-3 heading into a game against a team who really don't look very good. I am just going to try and take the positives out of this game, like the fact that I felt we were pretty much equal to a team with some fantastic players playing on their home ground. That makes me feel good and think that we can take on anyone and win.