Joe The Plumber In More Trouble

DirtyBirdNorth

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang..I kinda feel bad for the guy but I guess he should have thought a little more before he made himself a voice in the campaign.

I'd hate to have my life under the microscope like his but it seems like he wanted attention. He got it.

The guy only voiced his opinion and his concerns.

He shouldn't have to go through all of this ridicule by the press just because they don't like McCain.

The guy only voiced his opinion and his concerns.

He shouldn't have to go through all of this ridicule by the press just because they don't like McCain.

So it's good for the McCain press to hold him up as a positive symbol but not for the others to say " hey, this guy aint what they say after all"?

When you place yourself into the media like this guy has and the mcCain campaign has, you have to know there will be repercussions.

McCains vetting process needs work.

So it's good for the McCain press to hold him up as a positive symbol but not for the others to say " hey, this guy aint what they say after all"?

When you place yourself into the media like this guy has and the mcCain campaign has, you have to know there will be repercussions.

McCains vetting process needs work.

I haven't seen the press jump a guy this badly since Richard Jewell.

he didn't just express his opinion. he held his personal finances & life out as example of why obama's policies are bad. if he says "i am about to buy company & you're going to raise my taxes" then he is the one making his personal life a campaign issue. it's just like when politicians trot their kids on stage to pander for votes as "family values". they are ones making their children campaign issue by saying "vote for me b/c i'm good family person". what should press do if it receives information the family may be disfunctional or that image being portrayed isn't accurate? should press let joe plumber portray himself in way that may not be accurate reflection of reality?

what happened to all you conservatives arguing press should present teh FACTS & let public decide??

The guy is a joke and this whole thing backfired on him.

He was never going to vote for Obama. He wanted to put Obama on the spot and essentially Obama owned him in the conversation. The guy was totally lost. He made up this stupid story about wanting to buy a business to make Obama look bad. This whole thing blew up in his face and he is getting what he deserves.

The guy is a joke and this whole thing backfired on him.

He was never going to vote for Obama. He wanted to put Obama on the spot and essentially Obama owned him in the conversation. The guy was totally lost. He made up this stupid story about wanting to buy a business to make Obama look bad. This whole thing blew up in his face and he is getting what he deserves.

Exactly!

:lol: @ folks acting like this guy is a victim...he set himself up for this.

It's not about "vetting". The guy is an American citizen and has real questions about the economy and his plans to become a company owner. The press jumped him just because they don't like McCain. His legal issues are not even relevant to the concerns he mentioned. This is just another way for the lib media to dodge the fact that Obama said "I want to spread the wealth around". Meaning, I want to spread yoru wealth around.

So if he is just an American citizen can McCain keep his name off of his lips for 5 seconds please?And by what he makes, he would get a tax CUT from Obama.And so would I and probably you. Unless you are one of those message board millionaires we see so many of. ;)

I believe Cindy Sheehan was also an American citizen with questions.

HOW many names was she called by folks on here? At least she lost more than tax dollars.

It is nice to see so many conservatives whining so soon, Obama isn't even President yet and the boo birds are in full force :)

I love America, and GD the GOP.

:lol:

I like how the average citizen applies to this guy but not people like Cindy Sheehan.

But remember, some of them called the wives of 9-11 victims names, too. Sad buncha folk.

prior to the civil war, whole bunch of poor white people in the south were vehemently pro-slavery. Even though they weren't getting any sort of direct or indirect benefits by being so pro-slavery. Line of thinking was, "yeah I'm poor, but atleast I still am in a better social standing than those ******s". "Joe the plumber" reminds me of one of those people. Even though at his current economic status, he will benefit more from the Obama tax plan, he is still talking like he is some fatcat millionaire in a mansion and big bad obama will come to take away his imaginary money. How else do you explain this ********* hypothetically asking questions like what will obama do with his money IF he buys his company. Umm dude, why don't you first worry about getting your plumbing license before you start masturbating at the thought of owning your own company.

Do I feel sorry for him. **** no. He has been all over the media granting interviews. I would feel sympathy for the guy if he stayed off the news by not being such a media whore. But clearly he wants to maximize his 15 minutes of fame. Well, then prepare to get called out on your ********.

prior to the civil war, whole bunch of poor white people in the south were vehemently pro-slavery. Even though they weren't getting any sort of direct or indirect benefits by being so pro-slavery. Line of thinking was, "yeah I'm poor, but atleast I still am in a better social standing than those ******s". "Joe the plumber" reminds me of one of those people. Even though at his current economic status, he will benefit more from the Obama tax plan, he is still talking like he is some fatcat millionaire in a mansion and big bad obama will come to take away his imaginary money. How else do you explain this ********* hypothetically asking questions like what will obama do with his money IF he buys his company. Umm dude, why don't you first worry about getting your plumbing license before you start masturbating at the thought of owning your own company.

Do I feel sorry for him. **** no. He has been all over the media granting interviews. I would feel sympathy for the guy if he stayed off the news by not being such a media whore. But clearly he wants to maximize his 15 minutes of fame. Well, then prepare to get called out on your ********.

Great post blunt but very true.

No. Because his questions and concerns are valid. That is the point that you guys refuse to see. And yes, by what he makes NOW he would get a tax cut from Obama, well....not Obama but from the evil rich. And I would too. But understand this. I DO NOT WANT a tax cut if it means taxing the wealthy more just because it is "fair". I want a tax break if the government can reign in spending, which Obama will nit do.

I am not a message board millionaire but I do own a business that I started three months ago. I hope and am working hard to get to the point of being considered "rich" but I don't want to pay for you once I get there. You also need to understand, and I suggest that you really think about this, that raising taxes on the corporations sounds good in theory but in reality it is the consumers who will be flipping the bill in higher costs. This is fact, not speculation. Also understand that raising taxes on small businesses will cut jobs. Taxes are figured into budgets and if a company owner has to pay higher taxes, somebody has to lose some money.

Cindy Sheehan was and is a tool. She has every right to voice her opinion but I feel that she did her son a disservice. His name will forever be connected with the pathetic ramblings of his mother instead of as a soldier who died with honor while carrying out the duties of his country.

Joe "The Plumber" may be a tool but his points are still valid. Nice try on the spin job.

Sometimes its better to not comment at all. Tell me who's flipping the bill for the 19 billion we spend in iraq alone? Who's footing the bill to maintain the oil fields in Iraq? Who's footing the 35 billion in debt that we voided for the Iraqi people? Most people with money(Not You) rather pay higher taxes and keep the money in America versus flushing it down the toilet spending it overseas.

No. Because his questions and concerns are valid. That is the point that you guys refuse to see. And yes, by what he makes NOW he would get a tax cut from Obama, well....not Obama but from the evil rich. And I would too. But understand this. I DO NOT WANT a tax cut if it means taxing the wealthy more just because it is "fair". I want a tax break if the government can reign in spending, which Obama will nit do.

I am not a message board millionaire but I do own a business that I started three months ago. I hope and am working hard to get to the point of being considered "rich" but I don't want to pay for you once I get there. You also need to understand, and I suggest that you really think about this, that raising taxes on the corporations sounds good in theory but in reality it is the consumers who will be flipping the bill in higher costs. This is fact, not speculation. Also understand that raising taxes on small businesses will cut jobs. Taxes are figured into budgets and if a company owner has to pay higher taxes, somebody has to lose some money.

Cindy Sheehan was and is a tool. She has every right to voice her opinion but I feel that she did her son a disservice. His name will forever be connected with the pathetic ramblings of his mother instead of as a soldier who died with honor while carrying out the duties of his country.

Joe "The Plumber" may be a tool but his points are still valid. Nice try on the spin job.

You speak in definitive terms as if not taxing rich people at higher rate will lead to prosperity. Yes, there are valid arguments for this. But you know what, there's valid arguments that counter that too. Hate to say this to you, but truth, as always, very likely is somewhere in between.

It's not a question if "joe the plumber" is a tool or not. He IS a tool. On this, there can be no debate. You know how I know, BECAUSE HE IS STILL TALKING OUT OF HIS *** EVEN NOW. Like someone earlier said, he asked a loaded question to Obama to fish for an answer that he already knew would be coming from barack's mouth. That was his first mistake. Then he went on a media tour with his sanctimonious virgin speech about "I just a regular fellar. Y'all vote how y'all like, i just want y'all to know them truth". Once McCain mentioned his name and the media knocked at his door, if he just said "respect my privacy" and closed his door, he would have every right to whine about the treatment that he is getting from the media. But sorry, you play with fire and there's a chance you will get burned. If you don't want people calling you on your ********, than don't spew them.

Explain to me how Cindy was a tool but Joe is an average citizen? She is a mother who lost a child and someone whom GW Bush would not give 5 minutes of his time too.

Joe is someone who was able to walk right up to a candidate, ask him a question, get an answer and then go running to every news outlet he could and we are supposed to feel sorry for HIM, but not her.

I don't think it is possible for a mother to disgrace or give disservice to a son by wanting answers from those in charge.

But I guess Ann or Rush called her a tool so you concur, naturally.