Movies You've Seen Recently

VincentVanBro

Weve had too much politics here lately, I figured it would do us all well to talk movies.

Lately I've seen:

Taxi To The Dark Side: Not really big into war documentaries, but a friend had it so I watched it. Really depressed me and its really graphic. Torture and war are never good things. It had footage of McCain in there while he was a POW and its was actually really hard to watch for me... it almost made me tear up a little.

Last of the Mohicans- Finally got around to watching it. Love story was a bit sappy at parts but I liked it. Absolutely loved the soundtrack though.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall- Saw it the first time in theaters, but I saw it again and I cant repeat enough how much I love that movie. Probably one of my favorite movies.

The Bank Job- Not an amazing movie, but solid.

Being John Malkovich- really amazing movie if you are into really offbeat humor

The Illusionist- I'm a huge Ed Norton fan and I really liked it. Solid acting all around.

I also watched Iron Man again if that counts, still loved it. Watching it again though I noticed the score is poorly done, thats probably my only gripe with it. Really great to see Downey Jr go full circle and get back on his feet.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Mila Kunis is absolutely beautiful and the movie was funny as ****

You don't mess with the Zohan - Typical Sandler movie - funny but the stupid kind of funny

funny, that were the last two movies I saw too on blu ray

Mila Kunis is 100000000% the type of woman I would die for... raven hair with green/blue eyes... typical Russian style of woman (she came from the USSR in the 80s with her parents), I love them... and Forgetting Sarah Marshall is easily the best non-animated comedy this year

Zohan... well I had really limited expectations... really silly but somehow funny enough to watch it to the end... but no movie to ever watch again ;)

In Bruges. Sort of strange, but it made me thirsty as they were drinking Belgian beer in Belgium.

One of the best movies I've watched this year. Top 15 move for me right now, I think. So funny.

I watched the Incredible Hulk the other day, I liked it. Didn't like the 2003 (or 4) version at all. I watched The Strangers, very slow, I enjoyed it mostly, but I can see why a lot of people haven't. Both of those come out on DVD tuesday, I manage a blockbuster so we get em early.

War Inc, I liked a good bit, parts made me laugh for several minutes.

funny, that were the last two movies I saw too on blu ray

Mila Kunis is 100000000% the type of woman I would die for... raven hair with green/blue eyes... typical Russian style of woman (she came from the USSR in the 80s with her parents), I love them... and Forgetting Sarah Marshall is easily the best non-animated comedy this year

Zohan... well I had really limited expectations... really silly but somehow funny enough to watch it to the end... but no movie to ever watch again ;)

Actually she has two different color eyes - one brown and one green

In Bruges really is a great movie.

That reminds me of Green Street Hooligans, I guess since they're both set in europe. saw it a while ago, but also very enjoyable.

Saw Burn After Reading the other week. Wasn't great, but I liked it. Entertaining. Kind of strange...

And I really wanna see Max Payne. I have no clue if it's supposed to be any good or not, but those guys really know how to put together a trailer! The trailers for that movies are probably some of the best I've ever seen.

In Bruges really is a great movie.

That reminds me of Green Street Hooligans, I guess since they're both set in europe. saw it a while ago, but also very enjoyable.

Saw Burn After Reading the other week. Wasn't great, but I liked it. Entertaining. Kind of strange...

And I really wanna see Max Payne. I have no clue if it's supposed to be any good or not, but those guys really know how to put together a trailer! The trailers for that movies are probably some of the best I've ever seen.

Green Street Hooligans is top 5 for me, I haven't watched it in a while, but it's such a great movie. Anytime someone asks me for a recommendation, it's the first one I mention. A lot of people pass on it though, oh well, their loss.

Green Street Hooligans is top 5 for me, I haven't watched it in a while, but it's such a great movie. Anytime someone asks me for a recommendation, it's the first one I mention. A lot of people pass on it though, oh well, their loss.

Yeah I think people are turned off when they hear it revolves around soccer fans, but it's so much more than that. Soccer is probably the last thing that comes to my mind after seeing it.

Yeah I think people are turned off when they hear it revolves around soccer fans, but it's so much more than that. Soccer is probably the last thing that comes to my mind after seeing it.

Yeah, it's more of a coming of age story to me... with violence. Have you ever seen Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys? It's Emile Hursh and one of the Culkin kids. Very, very good movie as well.

Yeah, it's more of a coming of age story to me... with violence. Have you ever seen Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys? It's Emile Hursh and one of the Culkin kids. Very, very good movie as well.

hmm I'll have to check that out...I already have like 60 movies on my netflix queue right now from the movie threads that pop up on here from time to time. I'll never get to all of them.

Resident Evil 3- garbage, don't watch it.

The Ruins- garbage, don't watch it.

Teeth- really strange movie, and disgusting at parts, but original and well-made

I didn't hate the Ruins, but can definatly understand why people wouldn't like it. Teeth was an entertaining movie, really funny for the most part.... and disturbing.

hmm I'll have to check that out...I already have like 60 movies on my netflix queue right now from the movie threads that pop up on here from time to time. I'll never get to all of them.

I think you should make a concerted effort to see Dangerous Lives. It also has Jenna Malone and Jodi Foster. Great coming of age type movie.

I didn't hate the Ruins, but can definatly understand why people wouldn't like it. Teeth was an entertaining movie, really funny for the most part.... and disturbing.

the ruins could have been an awesome movie. it was a really cool concept- just not well executed with bad acting and over-the-top, unrealistic, unnecessary gore.

the ruins could have been an awesome movie. it was a really cool concept- just not well executed with bad acting and over-the-top, unrealistic, unnecessary gore.

I agree. Though the gore was the best part of the movie, which I guess says something about the movie. It could have been terrifying but didn't turn out that way.