How refreshing is this year?

FalcD56

Hey guys,

Used to be a big poster on the boards pre-Vick incident and haven't been on a whole lot since. That doesn't change the fact that I've wallowed in pain for my entire life as a Falcons fan. 1998 was fun. The Vick years were fun. But this is the first time in our history that we have a stable organization that is capable of succeeding consistently. For the first time in more than 40 years, the word "Falcons" will become synonymous with success. I'm very confident that Matt Ryan, Thomas Dimitroff and Coach Smith will lead us to a Super Bowl. In a year in which we were supposed to go 1-15 or 2-14, in the beginning of a rebuilding process, we are 4-2 and in the playoff race.

Rewind a year ago from today. How terrible was our organization? The speed in which we have turned the ship around is not only remarkable, it's historic.

So get ready, Falcons fans. The future looks good. We are no longer the laughing stock, but instead are in the process of becoming one of the most respectable franchises in the league.

A breath of fresh air. If we pull this off.. Im gonna celebrate so hard, and laugh at all my friends who didnt believe me.

So many of the playes we drafted that I spoke highly off at the time, were being dissed. Now they come up and say "that Lofton guy is a real beast" or "how Ryan made that throw is beyond me". So yeah, this is a complete breath of fresh air - a very needed one after the roulette we have seen the past season or 2.

Hey, we have made improvements, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. We got lucky to beat Chicago, but we lost both division games and have a tough road ahead. The thing that sticks in the back of my mind is the year we went 6-2 and still missed the playoffs. I will have to agree with you, I am also relieved that everything is going the way it is, but we have a lot to improve on like defensive 3rd down percentage. You are right, this franchise is headed definitely in the right direction. You could see that with the players emotion after the victory over Chicago. Great Post!!

Hey guys,

Used to be a big poster on the boards pre-Vick incident and haven't been on a whole lot since. That doesn't change the fact that I've wallowed in pain for my entire life as a Falcons fan. 1998 was fun. The Vick years were fun. But this is the first time in our history that we have a stable organization that is capable of succeeding consistently. For the first time in more than 40 years, the word "Falcons" will become synonymous with success. I'm very confident that Matt Ryan, Thomas Dimitroff and Coach Smith will lead us to a Super Bowl. In a year in which we were supposed to go 1-15 or 2-14, in the beginning of a rebuilding process, we are 4-2 and in the playoff race.

Rewind a year ago from today. How terrible was our organization? The speed in which we have turned the ship around is not only remarkable, it's historic.

So get ready, Falcons fans. The future looks good. We are no longer the laughing stock, but instead are in the process of becoming one of the most respectable franchises in the league.

I totally agree. I still see doubters on this board.