The real guy we should be praising in all of this...

JDB2688

This guy had Ryan rated as his number one prospect almost the entire time. Everyone flamed him for being a homer. Almost no one believed him and questioned how he could put Ryan above "sure-fire" picks in J. Long, C. Long, Dorsey, etc. I for one will not be so quick to be skeptical the next time this guy does not waiver from his beliefs.

So here's to Mayock, the most consistent believer in Ryan before many of us, including me, were.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy had Ryan rated as his number one prospect almost the entire time. Everyone flamed him for being a homer. Almost no one believed him and questioned how he could put Ryan above "sure-fire" picks in J. Long, C. Long, Dorsey, etc. I for one will not be so quick to be skeptical the next time this guy does not waiver from his beliefs.

So here's to Mayock, the most consistent believer in Ryan before many of us, including me, were.

So very true! :D

The MAN we truly need to thank is Arthur Blank!!!!!

Blank wanted Ryan more than anybody........T.D. was leaning more towards Dorsey and Blank over ruled!

Blank did not decide to draft Matt Ryan.........just because you "hear some rumor" that some talking head spouts off saying "Blank wants Matt Ryan" does not make is so.......

.....more than likely Arthur Blank probably did want Matt Ryan before the draft - but if you think Arthur Blank "made the pick" - then your delusional. Any GM worth his salt would tell the owner to "stick it" before letting the owner pick the player...........Jerry Jones does not count because he made himself GM.

Great Video. I was actually mad it ended so fast.

yeah, you can tell how intuitive Mayock is and he played the game as well - I don't think just because you "played the game" is the end all/be all but it helps if you are very smart and played the game.

Mayock is so sound in his reasoning................of course he did love Mendenhall as well - who has done nothing so far but is now hurt. But Mayock was "dead on" on his analysis of Matt Ryan...100% correct.

Blank did not decide to draft Matt Ryan.........just because you "hear some rumor" that some talking head spouts off saying "Blank wants Matt Ryan" does not make is so.......

.....more than likely Arthur Blank probably did want Matt Ryan before the draft - but if you think Arthur Blank "made the pick" - then your delusional. Any GM worth his salt would tell the owner to "stick it" before letting the owner pick the player...........Jerry Jones does not count because he made himself GM.

I dont care what you say......Blank did have alot of input into deciding that first pick.....Blank wanted another fresh face for this francise and what better than a young gun slinger like Matt Ryan to move on with!!!!!

Remember Blank saying we are moving on!!!!!!!!!

Blank didnt officially make the pick......all he did was give his suggestions! TD made the pick and the phone call to Ryan!

I dont care what you say......Blank did have alot of input into deciding that first pick.....Blank wanted another fresh face for this francise and what better than a young gun slinger like Matt Ryan to move on with!!!!!

Remember Blank saying we are moving on!!!!!!!!!

Blank didnt officially make the pick......all he did was give his suggestions! TD made the pick and the phone call to Ryan!

Were moveing on means blank made the ryan pick before he knew ryan would even be there?Youre a big xfiles fan arent you?