Will all this NEW attention help or hurt

Bring It

The secret is out.

The NFL world is learning that the Falcons are a pretty good football team, perhaps on their way to becoming a darn good team.

Now what ?

How will this new attention affect the team ? Ryan is now the darling of the sports talk shows. He is probably asked to do an interview every hour on the hour.

I truly hope all this doesn't change the incredible momentum we've created, or lessens our hungry, underdog attitude.

What say you guys ???

I don't think it will help or hurt the Falcons in terms of on the field production. The teams we've played have all taken the game against the Falcons seriously because outside of the fact that it's their job, you only get 16 shots to build a winning/playoff season. I don't see this team giving up on Mike Smith either, they all seem to genuinely like the guy. What it will help with is fans showing up to games, I hope all of the media hype drives people to the GA Dome.

The secret is out.

The NFL world is learning that the Falcons are a pretty good football team, perhaps on their way to becoming a darn good team.

Now what ?

How will this new attention affect the team ? Ryan is now the darling of the sports talk shows. He is probably asked to do an interview every hour on the hour.

I truly hope all this doesn't change the incredible momentum we've created, or lessens our hungry, underdog attitude.

What say you guys ???

The Falcons have people that manage the interviews and the time spent on them, Ryan will be fine.

I live in KC and people here are saying that Matt Ryan is playing very well on a "bad team." I'd like to think that these guys are still as hungry as ever because they really haven't achieved anything yet. The team will go as Ryan goes. If he truly is the leader we believe him to be, each and every player will give his all from week to week. That's all I ask. Before the season, I was hoping for 6-10. Now I believe that 8-8 and completely in reach.

I don't think it will help or hurt the Falcons in terms of on the field production. The teams we've played have all taken the game against the Falcons seriously because outside of the fact that it's their job, you only get 16 shots to build a winning/playoff season. I don't see this team giving up on Mike Smith either, they all seem to genuinely like the guy. What it will help with is fans showing up to games, I hope all of the media hype drives people to the GA Dome.

Well said..............I agree.

This team is a reflection of it's coach and I just don't see Smitty getting caught up by expections, high or low. He comes across as a hard working, blue collar guy who will follow the process and play hard nosed, disciplined football each and every week no matter the circumstances or opponent. And Matt Ryan seems more grounded and humble than humanly possible for a rich 23 year old QB that's expected to be the face of an NFL franchise.

This team is a reflection of it's coach and I just don't see Smitty getting caught up by expections, high or low. He comes across as a hard working, blue collar guy who will follow the process and play hard nosed, disciplined football each and every week no matter the circumstances or opponent. And Matt Ryan seems more grounded and humble than humanly possible for a rich 23 year old QB that's expected to be the face of an NFL franchise.

I agree, and drink to that !!!

Probably niether. Alll NFL teams, as stated previously are Professional in their approach to each game, the compentant ones at least.

I believe they wont look past this team, if they do, their bad!!!! What separates this TEAM from prior Falcons teams is not talent, but the intangibles, i.e Heart, determination and last but not least CHEMISTRY. These traits are what will propel the Birds to a playoff spot, and alot sooner than some may think!!!!

FALCON FEVER, CATCH IT!!!!! :D:D:D

It won't affect the play on the field - the teams we play are good, professional teams. Even when the media burns you - they do their work - or they aren't good teams. This does nothing as far as the play on the field - but it affects the expectations from the media and they will burn us hard when we lose again. But I don't care - bring it on!

GO FALCONS!!!!

This is why I enjoy reading the message board...for comments like these, SENSE_DATA's in particular...