Just a Cornerback away

KillaBMF

Is it me, or those it seem that if we had a TRUE shutdown corner (not MeAngelo), that we would be true Superbowl contenders this year? I just wonder why we didnt make any trade moves to pick up a Lito or something. There are plenty of unhappy corners, and I hope that TD can see them and pull some in.

You could have Deion Sanders on one side, Champ Bailey on the other. If your defensive line can't pressure the quarter back, it would be like having DeAngelo Hall at both corner and both safety positions, ready to be toasted.

Yea like Grimes and Houston been getting done this year so far.

Dont come at me with yo D-Hall j/ks StFu.

Corners are not as bad as some are saying. It is the pass rush that has not been consistent other than Abe. With an effective pass rush the whole defense will look better. I think Grimes and Houston are competing and doing a good job. All NFL corners will get beat if the QB has enough time. Against the Bears it looked like our Dline got gassed at the end and we couldn't generate a pass rush. Houston barely got beat at the end for the TD and Orton had plenty of time to set up and deliver. I've heard it said that there is no defense against a perfect pass. Conversely any offense will have a tough time against a good pass rush. We need Jamaal to continue to step up and Bierman needs to produce as well if we are going to have any chance to make the playoffs.

Can we all please hold a candle light vigil for the health of John Abraham..

We have nothing without him. We will be giving up 400+ yards a game through the air without the Pred.

Yeah I agree, he is the reason why we have as many sacks that we do. I think that we would have 3 total sacks without him wow.

I agree with the other posters that think that the defensive line is where we're missing talent, not the corners. Also, I don't think it's one player away. To this point, we need at least 2 or 3 NEW defensive linemen, or we need folks to REALLY start showing up. JA98 had one good game. If he continues to have performances like that, then we only need 2 new defensive linemen. Otherwise, we need to sign or draft a top tier DE first.