REALLY SURPRISED BENDING OVER FOR GONZALEZ

MagnusXXIII

I truly believe Hartsock can be a receiving tight end when called upon. He has alway been sure handed and has a knack for getting open ... and has shown that so far as a Falcon.

More importantly, he is an inspired blocker that fits Mularkey's system to a T.

If we are going to take a chance on an overpriced ... over-aged FA ... than for goodness sake make it our defensive line or in the secondary.

I truly believe Turnsock can be a receiving tight end when called upon. He has alway been sure handed and has a knack for getting open ... and has shown that so far as a Falcon.

If we are going to take a chance on an overpriced ... over-aged FA ... than for goodness sake make it our defensive line or in the secondary.

There are so many things wrong with that post, but I will correct one thing. Tony Gonzalez isn't over price, and he isn't a free agent, hes currently locked into a long term contract.

There are so many things wrong with that post, but I will correct one thing. Tony Gonzalez isn't over price, and he isn't a free agent, hes currently locked into a long term contract.

He was being peddled by his team ... he would cost more than Hartsock ... without being much better ... especially for this scheme ... KC was offered a 2nd ... he had the option to refuse. End result the same.

Glad you agreed about the age.

I truly believe Turnsock can be a receiving tight end when called upon. He has alway been sure handed and has a knack for getting open ... and has shown that so far as a Falcon.

well theres being sufficient and theres being a playmaker

i guess in ur perspective we dont need a TE thats a playmaker

some might disagree, i would like a playmaking TE but its slim pickings

He was being peddled by his team ... he would cost more than Hartsock ... without being much better ... especially for this scheme ... KC was offered a 2nd ... he had the option to refuse. End result the same.

i disagree with u thinking gonzalez wouldnt be much better than hartsock

i wont even go into it but thats non sense

ok ok ok, lets not go overboard. hartsock is just as good as gonzalez? are you serious man? c'mon lose the homer glasses. gonzalez had nearly as many yds as roddy last year and had 16 more catches than him. gonzalez would have been a HUGE improvement over our TEs. if we would have aquired him im sure we would have found ways to use him. i HIGHLY doubt TD would trade a 2nd for a guy that wouldnt do much in our system. have faith in the coaches and the front O.

TG is old, but you're talking about the dude like he's 38 or 39. he's 2 years older than abraham.

i'm glad we didnt pull the trigger but dont go crazy over us trying to acquire TG to help this team and ryan's rookie year go as smooth as possible.

ok ok ok, lets not go overboard. hartsock is just as good as gonzalez? are you serious man? c'mon lose the homer glasses. gonzalez had nearly as many yds as roddy last year and had 16 more catches than him. gonzalez would have been a HUGE improvement over our TEs. if we would have aquired him im sure we would have found ways to use him. i HIGHLY doubt TD would trade a 2nd for a guy that wouldnt do much in our system. have faith in the coaches and the front O.

TG is old, but you're talking about the dude like he's 38 or 39. he's 2 years older than abraham.

i'm glad we didnt pull the trigger but dont go crazy over us trying to acquire TG to help this team and ryan's rookie year go as smooth as possible.

I never said I thought Hartsock was as good as Gonzalez ... I was talking about relative value.

And thus far relative - scheme specific value - has been what this team is about.

It would seem inconsistent to me that we would trade a second for a 32 year old Gonalez ...

I never said I thought Hartsock was as good as Gonzalez ... I was talking about relative value.

And thus far relative - scheme specific value - has been what this team is about.

It would seem inconsistent to me that we would trade a second for a 32 year old Gonalez ...

maybe they felt that ryan needed another weapon now and that gonzalez was a good weapon for him for a 2nd rounder. im sure TD and mularkey talked about getting gonzalez and how they would work him into the offense, etc. if they felt that he wouldnt be an upgrade over hartsock, scheme wise or not, they wouldnt have tried to pull the trigger. they apparently felt that gonzo could bring more to the O than what any of our TEs brought and he would be an upgrade and we'd be able to use him for years to come.

like i said. i doubt TD was just flinging 2nd rounders out for anybody that wanted them. they must've felt that gonzo could have REALLY helped us. but it was what it was and it didnt go through so we still have our 2nd.

plus you never know, maybe KC was offering an extra pick or player if it did work out.

Son you don't know football. Gonzalez is worlds apart from Hartsock. Let the experts do the brain work while you play cheerleader in the back.

There is a big difference when you have a good receiving TE threat than a guy that can just catch if need be. Gonzo would pull some linebacker coverage which could help with the run game. It would also pull off some of the coverage on our receivers, and it would especially help a slot receiver like Douglas.

Does any one have a count of how many passes our TEs have dropped vs how many they have caught, Let's don't start declaring them non playmakers until they do not do the job, I think so far they have done the job in PASS catching as well as blocking.

How many balls have they dropped compared to the WRs or RBs, I do not have a count but I think they are doing just as good as all the other receivers percentage wise.

Does any one have a count of how many passes our TEs have dropped vs how many they have caught, Let's don't start declaring them non playmakers until they do not do the job, I think so far they have done the job in PASS catching as well as blocking.

How many balls have they dropped compared to the WRs or RBs, I do not have a count but I think they are doing just as good as all the other receivers percentage wise.

You also have to consider that they might not be getting open much so they don't get thrown to often. Something that a playmaking TE changes.