William Moore(Missouri, FS/SS)

The Don™

HeightWeight40 TimeBench PressVertical JumpThree Cone 6'12264.42N/AN/AN/A

Best Fit Position/Role:Free Safety Ideal Schema/Role:Zone Cover Games: Kansas ('07) Oklahoma ('07) Illinois ('08) Contracts: None

General Traits

Character / Leadership Ability:Moore emerged in 2007 as the team leader on defense. Playing next to senior starter Pig Brown, Moore was considered to be the second threat at safety coming in to the season. He quickly impressed coaches and scouts with his play and leadership. Competitive Nature / Work Ethic:Is a warrior on the field. Moore is hard hitting and aggressive. He doesn't shy away from contact or big situations. His work ethic will not be an issue. Football Intelligence:A smart player and the captain of the secondary. Reads the offense well pre-snap. Has good eye sight, in that he sees the whole offense when reading. Size:Ideal size. Good height and length. Big hands. Excellent bulk and muscular build. Athletic Ability:Shows good quickness and leaping ability. Is naturally strong and aggressive. Very agile, able to change direction well. Toughness / Durability:Is a tough player, able to keep going through minor injuries. Has not been prone to injury in his career.

Specific Traits - Safety

Speed:Has been timed in practice at 4.42, which puts him in an elite category. Could easily run a 4.4 flat with training. Great on-field speed. Plays as fast as timed. Agility:Agile. Can plant and change quickly. Body Control:Tracks the ball well. Shows good balance in his back pedal. Instincts / Recognition:Sees the ball well and reacts quickly. Uses speed to close on the ball quick. Plays a good centerfield and can read the QB. Has very good natural instincts and a feel for the play. Pursuit:Takes a good angle coming up to the ball. Plays at full speed, which can result in over-running the ball at times. Doesn't always take the best angle. Gets caught up in traffic at times, but others he is knifing through the offense for a big hit. Tackling:Needs to wrap up more. Tries to make too many hits high and without his arms. Uses his shoulder more than he needs to. Is strong enough to be a dominant tackler. Ball Skills:Is a playmaker. Is always around the ball. Sees the ball well in the air and has the speed and jumping ability to go get the ball. Pass Coverage:Excels in zone cover. Has not been matched up in man cover much thus far, but that may change as the Tigers see better offenses. Run Support:Has been moved more in to the box in 2008 to support the run. Shows that he can take on blocks and shed, but is still learning how to read the offensive line. Is a willing and strong tackler in the box.

Additional Comments:Moore has the skill set to be the best safety in the country. Moore has been limited by injuries early in '08, but his 2007 season will go down as one of the best ever for a Missouri defender (115 TKL, 9 TFL, 2 SK, 8 INT, 5 PBU, 2 QBH, 2 FF). Injury Concerns:2008- Sprained ankle. Missed SE Missouri State game. Could Be As Good As:Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens Worst Case:Donte Whitner, Buffalo Bills Where He'll Probably Go:First Round Where He Should Go:Top 15

what site did you get this from, also william moore looks 5'10'' 200 in his vieos and i noticed that ife he played against nfl running backs right now he could NOT tackle very well. it MUST be improved. I believe he will be very very good though and an elite NFL S if he learns to tackle better.

Agree with you, he's a hitter more than a tackler right now. But I still think he's the best safety in the country (draft eligible), and while I don't like drafting a safety high, I think he should go between 10 & 15.

And, that is a great writeup, and I'd like to know where it came from too.

what site did you get this from, also william moore looks 5'10'' 200 in his vieos and i noticed that ife he played against nfl running backs right now he could NOT tackle very well. it MUST be improved. I believe he will be very very good though and an elite NFL S if he learns to tackle better.

Yea...i think more will end up 6'0....close to 6'1

I like William Moore but the only thing that scares me is that everyone calls him a ball hawk because of that 8 int year but other then last year......Moore has zero INTs....including this year

I like William Moore but i would not touch him in the top 10......at 15th....I would draft him.... I think the Coaching Staff will resign Lawyer Milloy to a 2 year deal and draft a safety day 2

wow they got patrick chung as a late 1st early 2nd round pick i thought he could've been gotten in the 3rd or 4th i guess i need to watch him again

Patrick Chung will not go in the first, Safety's aren't genrally coveted first round picks and with this draft deep at safety He will slip to the second, imo the second round is perfect for Chung i posted this in another thread but it apply's here aswell

Patrick Chung, He does well in coverage and does an excellent job of supporting the run and plays near the line in Oregon's defensive scheme, I really like him because we can get him in the second and not have to waste a first round pick on a safety. He has some speed running a 4.5 and could spend a year learning under Milloy which can only help him develop into a great safety.