Mike Jenkins

etherdome

Jenkins was a good college player. McKay drafted him too high, but he is still a good player.

He is a a very good #2 WR. His reliability has improved every season. He was instrumental in our win against Chicago. He is an excellent blocker.

Why do so many on these boards feel the need to bash him? He is a true team player. You never hear him complain that he doesn't get enough balls thrown his way. From my point of view, he is a priority signing this off season. As a matter of fact, he contributes more to this team than Brooking does. Keep in mind that I am a Brooking supporter.

So, tell me, why all the MJ hate?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenkins was a good college player. McKay drafted him too high, but he is still a good player.

He is a a very good #2 WR. His reliability has improved every season. He was instrumental in our win against Chicago. He is an excellent blocker.

Why do so many on these boards feel the need to bash him? He is a true team player. You never hear him complain that he doesn't get enough balls thrown his way. From my point of view, he is a priority signing this off season. As a matter of fact, he contributes more to this team than Brooking does. Keep in mind that I am a Brooking supporter.

No hate from me I like Jenkins and think he is developing into a good WR. The only player that deserves any kind of grief is Adam Jennings. Every other player we have is making a pretty good contribution in my book.

theres been much jenkins hate (not from me, i like jenkins, i was the guy that got bashed for having a jenkins sig but it got erased with the new mb) not due to jenkins as a person but as a player. no ones equestioned his morales, or lack of effort or commitment, he gets bashed because he doesnt make the big plays when he has the opportunities. like last year alone he dropped so many passes, many that ended up getting intercepted.

hes a good guy, hes talented, but he can play better than hes played so far. only time will tell if he lives up to his potential.

many of us have agreed that this is his make or break year, so far hes been doing fine

he hasn't been a good #2. Do y'all know what a starting WR looks like? We may have a rising star on one side but that doesn't mean we can plug anybody on the other side. He barely gets open enough and looking at his production proves that he isn't that reliable when we need to pick up yardage. He's made few big plays the last 2 weeks but not enough during the course of the game to be considered a starting WR. He's a #3-4 WR at best. He doesn't have the skills to consistently break open from CB's. and he has huge limitations,not being able to catch with his hands,especially not over the shoulder. He only cactches balls in his chest consistently. That's why he shouldn't be a starter,but he can be decent as a slot WR.

I have no idea whether Jenkins is good or not, and I have seen him drop a few balls. But he does seem to run his routes correctly. Ryan needs guys who know how to run their routes more than supertalents. My totally uneducated opinion is that Jenkins could be a nice receiver for him unless he really has a real problem catching the ball. I think he looks reasonably good, and will get "better" once you guys start passing the ball a little more. He's no Roddy, but I'm guessing he's the kind of guy who needs to have the right fit to flourish.

I expect to see more than 13 catches for 209 yards after 6 games from a starter. That should be more like 2 maybe 3 games, but 6???

In games 2 through 6 he has exactly 147 yards, that's 5 games averaging under 25 yards a game. Those are not quality starter numbers.

If we had a great pass catching TE he would be fine, he could keep blocking, making some big plays, no problem. But we need more than 2 catches a game from a starting WR.

I understand he's a good run blocker but we need a compliment to White. I would love for Jenkins to become that compliment but until he can consistently get open and make catches, he obviously isn't it.

he hasn't been a good #2. Do y'all know what a starting WR looks like? We may have a rising star on one side but that doesn't mean we can plug anybody on the other side. He barely gets open enough and looking at his production proves that he isn't that reliable when we need to pick up yardage. He's made few big plays the last 2 weeks but not enough during the course of the game to be considered a starting WR. He's a #3-4 WR at best. He doesn't have the skills to consistently break open from CB's. and he has huge limitations,not being able to catch with his hands,especially not over the shoulder. He only cactches balls in his chest consistently. That's why he shouldn't be a starter,but he can be decent as a slot WR.

couldn't have said it better myself.

No hate here, just the truth.........he did drop a td pass that hit him in the palms of his hands. It was a hard ball, but again it hit him in the palms of his sticky gloved hands. I have a friend that plays in the NFL myself.....you may have seen him about to fight Jim Haslett sunday with the Redskins, Leigh Torrence who's also a former falcon. I was messing with his gloves one day, and i don't know how they miss passes with those things!!!!

hmmm Roddy had a breakout season when YKW is gone?

concidence?

I think not

So, by your own logic, why is Jenkins not having a breakout year especially after having more NFL experience?

Besides all of that, why is he averaging two catches a game.

I'm not here to hate on Jenkins, I just think that as long as we have so great a lack of productivity from a starting WR the O can only accomplish so much. I want to see some production, he is in his 5th year.

One thing positive that I can say about Jenkins is that he is a redzone threat, but he is not a starting WR.

Thank you

Why do people act like 2 catches per game is acceptable from a starter?

He is averaging a little over two for his career also.

He's a good run blocker, and makes a few big plays. Great, worth keeping definitely, but not worth starting. Put him at #3.

Thank you

Why do people act like 2 catches per game is acceptable from a starter?

He is averaging a little over two for his career also.

He's a good run blocker, and makes a few big plays. Great, worth keeping definitely, but not worth starting. Put him at #3.

Exactly, I want to see him resigned, but not at # 1 or 2 money.

I wonder how much you really know about Jenkins. Leaving out the Vick years, he didn't have much chance to show what he was last year. This year, you guys are 21st in attempts. That's going to hurt any receiver's numbers. I like the way he plays based on how little I've seen, but maybe he sucks. I haven't seen enough games to know.

I wonder how much you really know about Jenkins. Leaving out the Vick years, he didn't have much chance to show what he was last year. This year, you guys are 21st in attempts. That's going to hurt any receiver's numbers. I like the way he plays based on how little I've seen, but maybe he sucks. I haven't seen enough games to know.

Well he did have his best year with Vick, and Roddy seems to be doing just fine.

Well he did have his best year with Vick, and Roddy seems to be doing just fine.

Depending on how you look at it, he did better without Vick. 53 catches last year, only 39 and 38 the years before, but I don't know how he was used.

To a guy like me, who only started watching Jenkins this year, I see two things. I see the guy who has dropped balls but also raked the key pass in the Bears victory. I also see a guy who runs his routes effectively. He may not be a good answer at #2, but I'm guessing you guys don't really know what you have in him because you've never had a QB who could make use of him. I don't know that, and he might suck. It's just he seems pretty good when I've seen him and I wonder if he'll blossom this year.

He started 12 games in 2005, his second year...

It's 2008, am I supposed to believe that he hasn't had a chance to prove himself?

White is 2nd in the league in receiving yards. It hasn't hurt him.....

In passing yards, the difference between 21st(where the Falcons are) and tenth is 48 yards so I don't think that makes much difference.

Plus the Giants, who we're tied with for attempts, have 4 players with as many or more catches per game than Jenkins. Also 4 players with more ypg.