Are you waiting for the other shoe to drop ?

SWIFT HITTER

Can the football gods be this forgiving  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Are you waiting for the other shoe to drop

• Yes its coming
    • No we had our bad luck its over with
    • who the f cares im enjoying the ride

I hate to say it but i am..I have been a Falcon fan way to long to see our ship be rewritten in just 1 year ..Every analyst or non Falcon fan says last year was one of the worst times to be a fan of the franchise and as bad as last year Im going to have to disagree with that ..I sat in Fulton County stadium with about 12,000 fans and that was as bad as it can get ..Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen to us a injury or off the field incident ? ... Is that wrong for me to think..Can the football goods give us 1 and this team really turns into something special..Will the new faces of this organzation really turn things around and provide good things to come...Right now we are 4-2 and who would have thought ..we are the talk of the town , everyone prasing us left and right ..Steve Young saying why not us ? I mean is that serious ? should i fill myself with false hope that we turned things around this fast ..

I hate to say it but i am..I have been a Falcon fan way to long to see our ship be rewritten in just 1 year ..Every analyst or non Falcon fan says last year was one of the worst times to be a fan of the franchise and as bad as last year Im going to have to disagree with that ..I sat in Fulton County stadium with about 12,000 fans and that was as bad as it can get ..Why do I feel like something bad is going to happen to us a injury or off the field incident ? ... Is that wrong for me to think..Can the football goods give us 1 and this team really turns into something special..Will the new faces of this organzation really turn things around and provide good things to come...Right now we are 4-2 and who would have thought ..we are the talk of the town , everyone prasing us left and right ..Steve Young saying why not us ? I mean is that serious ? should i fill myself with false hope that we turned things around this fast ..

Dude. I don't feel that way. I honestly believe for once the football gods are giving us a break. We are overdue for 40 years. I am gonna enjoy every second of it. I mean the Patriots are a perfect example of being like the Falcons and being ****** year after year after year after year after year and then in 86 they had that SB year just like the Falcons did in 98 but then they finally got a good HC in Parcells and the right people and they went from being losers every year to contender.

There are no football gods, there are only men who own teams that either commit to winning or commit to just getting by, by proffiting from their mediocre franchise. The other shoe may drop and we start losing games. So what! I believe that AB is alot like Jerry Jones in the sense that he wants his team to be the very best. That is why Jim Mora is no longer here. It is why Dan Reeves was shown the door. AB has had to learn valuble lessons with Vick and Petrino. He's commited to winning, and that is something that the Smiths never did. This team is heading in the right direction. We might not get the immediate results that we all want, but they will come. Also remeber the NFL and the salary cap gives every team chance. I've been a long time fan since the early seventies, and I can tell you without a doubt that this organization is clearly more focused and disciplined under Blank than it ever was under the Smith's. I love the Falcons, but I'll be damned if I am going to worry about this years or next years record. We've got good people who are learning on the job, and the losing culture is on its way out.

The Poster formally known as Pridemore.

I think we're ok until the offseason. With the way things are looking now, we're actually in pretty good shape to finish with a winning record. That means the shoe drops this offseason or very early next season. Just like 98, a super season, great offseason, and BOOM down goes Anderson. Until we finally do it, all my hopes of back-to-back winning seasons will be tempered somewhat. Guess I think if I prepare for it to happen, it won't hurt as much when it actually does, and if it doesn't happen, it will just make it even that much sweeter.

Only a beaten down fanbase would start this poll. And I'm not picking on it. But it's the WAY you're playing football that tells you all you need to know. Your coach has made youth a weapon, not a weakness. It's a total team atmosphere. Nobody quits, and nobody points fingers. I guess if you've been inside the Falcon culture long enough, it's hard to believe. But I've been paying a lot of attention to your team this year and don't know anything about last year's disaster. All I see is a team that is a true team. You might lose more games than you win (though I doubt it), but the shoe won't drop. What's happening in Atlanta is very, very real.

Football isn't about luck. It isn't about some silly "football Gods" junk. It's about what team is better prepared week in and week out and what team is coached and taught the best. I believe that football is 90% coaching. There's talent all over the NFL. Everywhere. Every team has talent. All 32. Who plays as a team instead of playing as selfish, childish individuals? Who is teaching the right techniques and who isn't? What coach really has the respect and trust of his team? What team keeps there mouth shut and there minds open to what they have to accomplish on the field? The head coach is where it all starts. Everything. Work ethic. Trust. Accountabiliy. Mental preparation. Goals. Fight. Heart. and Determination. If the head coach ain't got it, then you can forget about it. The rest of the team is falling apart too. That's what football is about.

Football isn't about luck. It isn't about some silly "football Gods" junk. It's about what team is better prepared week in and week out and what team is coached and taught the best. I believe that football is 90% coaching. There's talent all over the NFL. Everywhere. Every team has talent. All 32. Who plays as a team instead of playing as selfish, childish individuals? Who is teaching the right techniques and who isn't? What coach really has the respect and trust of his team? What team keeps there mouth shut and there minds open to what they have to accomplish on the field? The head coach is where it all starts. Everything. Work ethic. Trust. Accountabiliy. Mental preparation. Goals. Fight. Heart. and Determination. If the head coach ain't got it, then you can forget about it. The rest of the team is falling apart too. That's what football is about.

Excellent assessment. While we may be the most talented team around, this team in my view is something special. One other thing this TEAM, has more than Falcon teams of the past is CHEMSTRY!!!!!. This is from an avid follower and supporter since the birth of the Falcons

FALCON FEVER, CATCH IT!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Excellent assessment. While we may be the most talented team around, this team in my view is something special. One other thing this TEAM, has more than Falcon teams of the past is CHEMSTRY!!!!!. This is from an avid follower and supporter since the birth of the Falcons

FALCON FEVER, CATCH IT!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

A perfect example of a non team is the New York Yankees.

I think we'll be just fine.....Although I am worried about some of our young players on the bye week, like roddy saying he's going to miami.....I hope he don't go and catch a rape charge or something crazy. South Beach is beautiful but the women make a brotha wanna do some things. LOL

Remember that qoute from 'Meet the Parents'? "Keep the snake in it's cage". :lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...
6-3 but still worried as anything something bad is going to happen ..I need HELP

You sound like me.Im always looking for something bad to happen because of the history of this franchise. But I honestly do think that we have the right chemistry in here minus a player or 2. I think we are getting ready to be the talk of the NFL in a good way. I think the reason know one is really talking much is just because we are the Atlanta Falcons. We have to keep doing what were doing and give them reason to talk. I say they have already, but Im not an analyst.