Why I think Matt Ryan

LVfalconfan

So I have noticed that when Matt Ryan is blitzed he handles it EXTREMELY well. The eagles blitz an awful lot, look what they did to Big Ben. I think if they blitz Ryan like that, he is gonna step up and get the ball out. If we go out and play Falcons Football and play the whole 60 minutes, there is no reason we cant win. LETS GO FALCONS

So I have noticed that when Matt Ryan is blitzed he handles it EXTREMELY well. The eagles blitz an awful lot, look what they did to Big Ben. I think if they blitz Ryan like that, he is gonna step up and get the ball out. If we go out and play Falcons Football and play the whole 60 minutes, there is no reason we cant win. LETS GO FALCONS

Not being sacked on a blitz yet this year says a ton. Guys he is special. The Falcons finally got it right.

Jim Johnson is clearly one of the best defensive coordinators in the NFL. If the Eagles have been blitzing a lot this season Johnson will either have several different disguises on his blitzes or will mix it up so much that it won't resemble anything we have on film.

We can beat them, but if we do we will be besting one of the best defensive minds around...... ;)

Let them blitz. but make sure we set up the Norwood screens, or White quick slants to give Ryan a chance to get rid of the ball quickly. that will put the Eagles on their heels...right where we want them!!! ^_^

Yea, If Norwood is used right. I could see him having a huge day catching balls out of the back field

Let them blitz. but make sure we set up the Norwood screens, or White quick slants to give Ryan a chance to get rid of the ball quickly. that will put the Eagles on their heels...right where we want them!!! ^_^

That's a really good call g......Norwood could be a huge weapon against the Ea-Girls if he's used that way.......... ;)

Even if he's not successful against this defense don't get down on him.. JJ is the best in the league, he's head and shoulder better than Babich (bears d coordinator) and like Kiffin he can and will bring it. I just hope that if he struggles that people don't start acting stupid like some posters do when we lose..

Matt's a smart guy and I'm sure he'll be prepared, hopefully we win. I think we can pull it out.

Even if he's not successful against this defense don't get down on him.. JJ is the best in the league, he's head and shoulder better than Babich (bears d coordinator) and like Kiffin he can and will bring it. I just hope that if he struggles that people don't start acting stupid like some posters do when we lose..

Matt's a smart guy and I'm sure he'll be prepared, hopefully we win. I think we can pull it out.

If he does we'll find out if the haters really have changed to supporting Matt.

With the extra time, Ryan might watch 5 years of Eagles tape. Johnson is going to have to invent stuff if he doesn't want Ryan to know what he's doing. That said, it will be a tough test for him. I wouldn't suspect he'll have the type of day he had against the Bears, but I'd never bet against him.

Johnson is a really good defensive coordinator. He has years of experience and Matt will see new things against the Eagles. This will be a great game, but will be tough for us to pull a win. If they get Brain Westbrook back, we are going to in a bit of trouble. Our run defense had not been really solid this year. We can play but we will give up a lot of yards and that is deadly against Brain Westbrook.

I think Ryan is very poised and will handle the Eagles pressure better than most expect him to.The most uncomfortable I saw him look was against Tampa but I think thatwas more a result of good coverage than them putting pressure on with the blitz. It's also important to note that that was only his second start and he improved drastically in the second half.

with the way our entire offense performed vs the formiddable bear D, i believe in our offense against anyone. the way the OL protected, the way the recievers caught the ball, and the way ryan beat them when they determined to stop the run and make the rookie do just that, even the play calling. from the roster to the coaching staff, to the GM, to Mr. blank himself, i believe in our team and organization as a whole. for the first time since i've been a falcons fan, we have a QB and an offense with turner that can beat you either way, run or pass. even our D is developing. PHI is a tough opponent that i conceded a loss to in the pre-season, but now i think we can beat any team on our schedule. i expect to beat most of them. the funny thing is, after game two when we lost to TB, i saw enough in ryan to believe that he would be far enough along by the time we saw them again at home, that ryan could beat them the second time around. our defense was the culprit in the loss at CAR. hopefully we have a better showing vs CAR at home too.