Mark Parson

Norwood32

I posted about him a lot in my Sleeper Thread but no one probably cares about this guy. I'd definitely take this guy in the later rounds, depending what pick we have (Foxworth Trade)

Mark Parson, Ohio

Height: 5-10. Weight: 193.

Projected 40 Time: 4.38.

Projected Round (2009): 3-4.

5/17/08: A seldom-beat man-to-man corner, Mark Parson is among the junior career leaders in pass breakups with 26 (only behind Mike Mickens and Alphonso Smith). He's a great leader and his ability to put up 18 reps of 225 pounds will catch someone's attention.

The 2nd vid is really cool. He breaks down how he owns WR's lol

Walterfootball.com has him rated as a 3-4 round prospect while NFLDraftScout.com has him as an UDFA.

His stats on the year

CB - Mark Parson - 19 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT, 3 PD, 1 BLK

That showed him in only man-cover.

We run a Cover 2 defense - the CBs play a shallow zone.

How is he in zone?

No clue. He's got good instincts though and reads plays well and CB's need to do that in the Cover 2.

He's just so good though. I don't wanna pass on him. Do the CB's always play zone in Cover 2?

No clue. He's got good instincts though and reads plays well and CB's need to do that in the Cover 2.

He's just so good though. I don't wanna pass on him. Do the CB's always play zone in Cover 2?

If we are running a Cover 2 then yes they always play in a zone. There are occasions when we play a Cover 2-man but those are seldom and out of the norm for our defense - I think. In a normal Cover 2, the CBs always play in a shallow zone (covering mostly the flats) while the LBs have the middle of the field and the safeties take the rest. That's why it is more important to have great safeties than CBs in the Cover 2.

If we are running a Cover 2 then yes they always play in a zone. There are occasions when we play a Cover 2-man but those are seldom and out of the norm for our defense - I think. In a normal Cover 2, the CBs always play in a shallow zone (covering mostly the flats) while the LBs have the middle of the field and the safeties take the rest. That's why it is more important to have great safeties than CBs in the Cover 2.

I'd still take him though :)

0926_1.gif

What is Cover 2?

The base Cover 2 is a zone defense where every defender is responsible for an area of the field and not a specific man. The field is divided into five underneath zones and two deep zones. The two corners and three linebackers play the underneath fifths, and the two safeties play the deep halves. In the diagram below you can see the field divided into underneath fifths and deep halves.

Cover 2: How is it played?

In Cover 2, it is obvious that the safeties have a tremendous burden and a lot of field to cover. They must get help from the underneath coverage to keep receivers from outnumbering them in the deep zones. There are two critical techniques that can help the safeties. First, the corners must collide with the receivers and flatten out their routes to keep them from running outside freely, which would stretch the safeties. If the wide receivers release unmolested, it is almost impossible for the safeties to get enough width quickly enough to defend the deep pass. The corners are responsible for their outside fifths, which is a shallow area, but they must sink with the receiver until another receiver threatens their zone.

Courtesy of ESPN.com

There are two critical techniques that can help the safeties. First, the corners must collide with the receivers and flatten out their routes to keep them from running outside freely, which would stretch the safeties.

He does this well.

If the wide receivers release unmolested,

Go ahead call me immature i thought it was funny

The corners are responsible for their outside fifths, which is a shallow area, but they must sink with the receiver until another receiver threatens their zone.

This would allow him to go with his WR for him to be able to use his lock down skills. He could still use his game in our system.