Article on NFL.com I was happy reading.

FalconsBaby2

Three-and-out drives

These are killers for the defense. They don't physically recover from the previous defensive series, they don't get time to make necessary adjustments, and it leads to frustration from the defensive players.

So far this season, NFL teams have gone three-and-out on 23 percent of offensive drives. The five teams that have done it the least go three-and-out at a rate of just 14 percent.

The worst teams in this category are St. Louis, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Seattle and Detroit. These teams go three-and-out on 34 percent of their combined drives. Combined record of this reams: 3-27.

Team Total Drives Three & Outs Pct.

N.Y. Giants 50 5 10

New Orleans 70 9 13

Arizona 65 9 14

Atlanta 65 11 17

Houston 55 8 15

you know what.... i noticed that we didn't have that many three and outs when i was watching the replay of the chicago game. in fact, i think we only had the one drive that started at our 1 yard line that ended in a three and out. thats a testament to how well mularky is designing this offense. i hope he doesn't leave this offseason.

you know what.... i noticed that we didn't have that many three and outs when i was watching the replay of the chicago game. in fact, i think we only had the one drive that started at our 1 yard line that ended in a three and out. thats a testament to how well mularky is designing this offense. i hope he doesn't leave this offseason.

see now you make me paranoid......did I miss something???? why would he leave????/

i really like our offense and think in a couple more years atlanta could be a top tier consistent winner......woah.....the atlanta falcons!? yer

now its your fault i'll have nightmares.....

no seriously.......is this a liklihood?!

see now you make me paranoid......did I miss something???? why would he leave????/

i really like our offense and think in a couple more years atlanta could be a top tier consistent winner......woah.....the atlanta falcons!? yer

now its your fault i'll have nightmares.....

no seriously.......is this a liklihood?!

He is gonna be a canidate for head coaching jobs because of his previous head coaching experience.

If we win more than 8 games someone will come after Mularkey.....could be K.C., Detroit, Cincinnati, Oakland or St.Louis.

I believe that Bill Musgrave is ready to make the leap from QB coach to Offensive Coordinator.

Musgrave would be a good O.C...............

He is gonna be a canidate for head coaching jobs because of his previous head coaching experience.

i agree, in fact he may be a real hot commodity in the offseason, especially if the offense does well. I hope he stays though, the coaches do not fall under the salary cap, so hopefully blank steps up to the plate.

Three-and-out drives

These are killers for the defense. They don't physically recover from the previous defensive series, they don't get time to make necessary adjustments, and it leads to frustration from the defensive players.

So far this season, NFL teams have gone three-and-out on 23 percent of offensive drives. The five teams that have done it the least go three-and-out at a rate of just 14 percent.

The worst teams in this category are St. Louis, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Seattle and Detroit. These teams go three-and-out on 34 percent of their combined drives. Combined record of this reams: 3-27.

Team Total Drives Three & Outs Pct.

N.Y. Giants 50 5 10

New Orleans 70 9 13

Arizona 65 9 14

Atlanta 65 11 17

Houston 55 8 15

The other thing to realize is that two of the worst teams in that stat played the falcons- KC started off with what, 6 straight 3 N outs?

The other thing to realize is that two of the worst teams in that stat played the falcons- KC started off with what, 6 straight 3 N outs?

And just for kicks and giggles, New York Giants played three of the worst on that list as well, St. Louis, Cincy, and Seattle. So are you saying that the Falcons caused them to have this record or that the Falcons are so good because of the weak teams they have played??

And just for kicks and giggles, New York Giants played three of the worst on that list as well, St. Louis, Cincy, and Seattle. So are you saying that the Falcons caused them to have this record or that the Falcons are so good because of the weak teams they have played??

No. Everyone wants to point out why the Falcons are still the worst team in the league and that all their wins are **** are by accident. It's not that the Falcons are any good it's just that the Lions and Chiefs both suck and that the Packers were all banged up and the Bears were cheated by the clock. <_<