Are free agents going to be worth it this year

As most everyone knows the NFL collective bargaining agreement is pretty much going to get thrown out the door after the 2009 - 2010 season. There probably won't be a strike or stoppage of play, but one thing that is almost guaranteed (per the experts) to occur is that rookie contracts are going to have a cap. So, a top ten draft pick will only be able to pocket a couple of million instead of 50, 60 or 70 million. This brings up a couple of interesting things. First, a lot of agents are trying to get all of the juniors that have any talent to become draft eligible, so there is going to be a glut of talent in the draft this year (albeit raw talent). Second, a lot of rookies are looking for long contracts 5, 6 or 7 years. The guys coming out of college now are probably only going to want a couple of years to prove themselves so they can make the big bucks.

Here is my question to everyone. Do you think the falcons are still going to go after a top player or two? I mean if the management, players and fans can be patient for one or two more years the team could probably put together a SB team that they could keep together for a long time.

Another option would be to get someone like Haynesworth and pay him a ton of money up front, so in two or three years we could either trade or cut him and develop talent from the draft a lot cheaper.

We should be able to get a couple of very good players out of the draft. I would want to draft out of the top ten though. If we pick up Haynesworth signing draft picks in two years shouldnt be a problem because they will be cheaper, however; we would probably have a hard time signing some next year with the cap hit we would take signing him.