610x.jpg

large_msu27.JPG

Otis Wiley Scouting Report

Position: SS

School & Year/Status: Michigan St. - Senior

Height & Weight: 6'2 - 210 lbs.

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

Otis Wiley, SS, Michigan St.

Otis Wiley is the unquestioned leader of the Michigan State defense. Wiley became a starter late in his freshman year because of injury, and hasn't looked back. He plays the strong safety spot for the Spartans, but his size and speed may make him a candidate to play free safety in the NFL. Wiley is a sure tackler, having a career best 94 stops during his sophomore season. In 39 career games, Wiley has registered 181 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss, 8 interceptions (all in his last 17 games), broken up an impressive 21 passes in coverage, and even forced 3 fumbles. Wiley also packs some big play ability as shown by his two interception return touchdowns. Wiley has good size, good speed, and great instincts in coverage. He may not be as physically impressive as some of these other 2009 hopefuls, but he gives you a lot of bang for your buck. Wiley possesses the tools to play either safety spot in the NFL, providing a team valuable depth. His 14.1 yards per return average returning punts gives him some versatility, and his sure tackling could make him a special teams standout. Last but not least, it will be tough to find a strong safety in all of college football better at playing man coverage on a receiver. Unfortunately for him, this year's safety class is shaping up to be the best in recent memory. However, the team that does draft Wiley, even if he slips to the fourth or fifth round, may find they got a steal.

Stats so fare this year: 4 ints (returned 1TD) , 38 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 7 pass deflections and he also returns punts this year

If that didnt convince you.....This would

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

If that didnt convince you.....This would

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

You know what that really did convice me sign me up for this bandwagon

S OTIS WILEY IN 09

BRING HIM HOME TD

I'm telling you he is an NFL 3-4 OLB all the way.

What is your picture? I feel like I know what it is, but it evades my recollection...

DUDE......the man is not a 3-4 LB.....the man is 6'2 210lbs..lol...... I understand u want Taylor Mays but come on man.....The man plays safety..... Thats his real position...... Before converting to Safety..... Otis Wiley played CB

Otis Wiley INT

How many Safeties could do this...lol

I didn't realize you were looking for a Safety/Half Time Show discount combination package.

He plays safety and linebacker in the "bandit" position.

yup...i want to see what type of endzone dance he would do after a pickoff TD return...... dude would start tickin..... he might break dance

Definitely not. They just use him to get more speed out of their defense. He is a really good cover guy though so that's why i think he would fit with us.

exactly......he can cover, play deep, and tackle.....aka The Perfect Safety

Plus dude is a high character guy