von hutchins

ATX512

Sorry but no. I didn't think he was that good to start with. He was just a veteran security blanket. I actually think that Houston and Grimes are better than him. If we develop a consistent pass rush I truely believe the guys we have now will be ok.

actually your right, i think houston n grimes are young.... they will be ok with a solid pass rush

Sorry but no. I didn't think he was that good to start with. He was just a veteran security blanket. I actually think that Houston and Grimes are better than him. If we develop a consistent pass rush I truely believe the guys we have now will be ok.

agreed. I was not realy excited, getting a cast off from the Texans. I don't know anything about the contract he signed, but it seems like he may not have a place to play here next year.

I agree with the 1st part, Hutchins was a veteran security blanket, solid, but not great at corner. However, the 2nd part I disagree with. Houston is a man cover guy, and we're now a cover 2 defense & Houston just looks lost out in zone coverage. Grimes is going to have serious matchup problems because of his height, but he is playing as well as can be expected. We may be "ok" with those 2, but to make a serious superbowl run, we're going to have to upgrade the corner spots, even with Hutchins coming back. JMO.

Grimes is the one that needs to be replaced. How do posters not see that almost every pass play is against Grimes? Houston makes a mistake every now and again but overall he's been good this year.

I don't know much about Von Hutchens, depending on how the season goes Foxworth or Jackson could be a starter.