Matt Ryan

railbird

Do you guys think Matt is still a big time Philadelphia Eagles fan?

I am hoping that it was just a childhood thing, because I want him to be an Atlanta Falcons fan, but you cant help who drafts you.

Being as big a Falcons fan as I am, if I found myself in the NFL playing for another team against the Falcons, I would almost NOT want to win, so my favorite team the Falcons could win.

Do you think Matt Ryan will have similar feelings when he faces the Eagles next week?

Being as big a Falcons fan as I am, if I found myself in the NFL playing for another team against the Falcons, I would almost NOT want to win, so my favorite team the Falcons could win.

Do you think Matt Ryan will have similar feelings when he faces the Eagles next week?

:blink: Dude, I hope you are either joking or like 12 years old. I am 100% serious. Do you think he going to throw the game?? :lol:

When you get drafted, all that goes away. He is a Phillies fan though...I bet he is in a good mood now!

:blink: Dude, I hope you are either joking or like 12 years old. I am 100% serious. Do you think he going to throw the game?? :lol:

When you get drafted, all that goes away. He is a Phillies fan though...I bet he is in a good mood now!

Throw a game..... never

Im just saying, I really like Matt Ryan, and Im sort of jealous of him, you might say, he's OUR QB, he's OUR Franchise leader, I just dont want him being a fan of the Eagles, I cant stand the Eagles.....

Throw a game..... never

Im just saying, I really like Matt Ryan, and Im sort of jealous of him, you might say, he's OUR QB, he's OUR Franchise leader, I just dont want him being a fan of the Eagles, I cant stand the Eagles.....

Me either, but there is nothing that you can do about it.

I am hoping that it was just a childhood thing, because I want him to be an Atlanta Falcons fan, but you cant help who drafts you.

total noob alert

just because he's a fan of the eagles doesn't mean he's going to throw the game. How many players in pro sports don't play for the teams they grew up fans of in childhood? Do they all throw games too when they play those teams? Matt Ryan can still be an Eagles fan for all I care, just so long as he cares more about Atlanta winning the SB then the Eagles. But if we're not in the playoffs and the Eagles are... who cares if he pulls for them. He's not going to not try his best to win us the game just because it's the Eagles.

im sure the falcons are ryans new team now and he probably cant wait to take it to philly. a lot of players like going back to their hometown and winning and doing well. plus i HIGHLY doubt matt would throw a game just so the eagles could try to make a playoff push. im sure he'd much rather PLAY in the playoffs with the falcons than watch the eagles play on tv.

marshall faulk wanted to play for the falcons so he could go home and whoop on the saints twice a year. (NO is his hometown)

You guys are missing the BIG picture here. Matt is a competitor. The Eagles are his home town team - he will probably always be a fan. Brett Favre was his childhood hero - he will probably always look up to him.

Now, look at my second sentence. Matt is a competitor - what do competitors do when they go "home" or play against their former team, heroes, etc? They play their best football. Always. Don't believe me - look at history - it just happens.

Matt will probably play better football than we have ever seen from him when he steps on the field he probably dreamed about playing on as a child. Mark my words - you will see. Further to that - if we ever play against Brett Favre - he will probably play the most unbelievable game you have ever seen, period.

You guys are missing the BIG picture here. Matt is a competitor. The Eagles are his home town team - he will probably always be a fan. Brett Favre was his childhood hero - he will probably always look up to him.

Now, look at my second sentence. Matt is a competitor - what do competitors do when they go "home" or play against their former team, heroes, etc? They play their best football. Always. Don't believe me - look at history - it just happens.

Matt will probably play better football than we have ever seen from him when he steps on the field he probably dreamed about playing on as a child. Mark my words - you will see. Further to that - if we ever play against Brett Favre - he will probably play the most unbelievable game you have ever seen, period.

You're sooooo knowledgeable.... :rolleyes: That's usually the case...Do you think Philly will "booooo" Matt?

You're sooooo knowledgeable.... :rolleyes: That's usually the case...Do you think Philly will "booooo" Matt?

I don't know - he has a ton of family there. I know they will all be there. There will be a lot of people proud of him being from there as well. But, I know Philly fans - so yes - he will get booed - but how much? Who knows. Either way - they will boo him if he makes really good plays, but down inside - you know the truth.

total noob alert

No man, Im far from a noob

I've been here a long time, but had to change my name with the new boards

Maybe I am over reacting about him being an Eagles fan. I never really got the full story, I heard growing up he was a Eagles / Philies fan, and I know he is still a huge Phillies fan, so I would assume he's still a huge Eagles fan, and that just sucks.

But I am not sure if he is a major Eagles fan still today, or it was just a childhood thing, like I said, I never really got the full story, but I know for sure he's still a big Phillies fan.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: