interesting saints stats

nolafan33

Efficiency is Key The Saints are second in the entire league in 3rd down efficiency. They convert 49.4% of the time behind only Dallas who converts 54.5%. Third down percentage is a key stat and converting almost half the time is pretty darn good.

Bend But Don't Break The Saints may give up some frustrating plays in the middle of the field but this defense tightens up once they get backed up into the red zone. They allow their opponents to score only 32% of the time. That earns them second best in the league behind Tampa Bay.

Not So Special Teams 61.54%. That is the teams field goal percentage. It's also the worst in the league.

Passing Fancy The Saints are the only team to average more than 300 passing yards a game. They average 324 ypg. The rest of the league falls somewhere between 136 and 279 yards. It's not even close.

Yard Differential Per Game The Saints average 81.5 yards per game more than their opponent. That's good enough for second most in the league. It's sad that we're only 3-3 with a stat like that.

Scoring Machine Guess who is the NFL's leading scorer so far this season. Reggie Bush leads the league in scoring with 48 points. Also noteworthy for Reggie is the fact that he is second in the league for total receptions with 41 catches. Brandon Marshall leads the league with 43 grabs.

Not Running Away With It No Saints player has rushed for over 100 yards in a game yet this season.That is why the Saints are ranked 25th in rushing yards per game and 29th in rushing yards per play.

Colston Who? Here is one I bet you never thought I would ever say: Devery Henderson is the Saints leading wide receiver. He has 385 total yards receiving. Bush takes the silver medal with 361 yards.

Tough Losses The Saints have lost by only a margin of 3.33 points per game. Which is best in the NFL for teams with one or more losses.

the most interesting stat is the bend but don't break, IMO.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our TERRIBLE defense is second only to TB in red zone efficiency.

funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg

oh there is alot more:

pass attempts- 3rd

completion percentage- 3rd

yards- 27th

yards per game- 21st

yards per attempt- 10th

td's- 13th

interceptions- 12th

sacks- 10th

sack yards- 10th

rating- 11th

passes defensed- 2nd

The Saints were going to make obvious strides with the addition of a real MLB. I was confused by people that had the cahones to bash Vilma's injury history because the guy is a player when healthy....and hes healthy.

At the same time, the season is barely 1/3rd through, so statistical trends for teams that do not have a history of performing well in those areas may end up being flukes. I would temper the excitement over the improved D for now, especially considering 2 of the 3 wins were against the 49'ers and Raiders. I'm not bashing, just saying that its still early in the season to mention trends I think that havent been consistent from week to week.

Stopping the Vikes/AP in week 5 though I think went a long way to giving your D confidence.

The Saints Defense sucks... :D

You seem to be the only person to think that they don't.

Big deal you blew out the Raiders... Blow out the Panthers then come talk.

i don't think they're good. but they aren't bad like many people think. those stats prove my case.

Saints defense doesn't suck. That's all rival fans can point to, so they cling to it to the very end. ^_^

exactly, it's the same thing with reggie...rival fans bank on what happened last season. if your team sucked last year, then they suck this year. if your rb sucked last year, then he sucks this year. if your defense sucked last year, well then they suck this year too. and so on.

To say they suck like the Raiders defense sucks would be wrong to say... But they are by no means a "scary defense", They haven't won the Saints any games.

but they haven't necessarily lost the saints any games either. and that's big. are they a great defense? no. are they as good as the bucs d? nope. are they good enough for the saints to win alot of games this year? you bet so. whenever scott fujita takes the field you notice a huge differnce in the saints defense. the two games they have struggled in are the two games he missed. now is that coincidence? i don't think so.

I get what your saying, But your Defense did lose the Skins game for the Saints, Maybe the Bronco game also.

the skins game is sorta a tie. the offense started off terrible that game. they got into a tiny tiny rythm during the middle. then were terrible in the end. the defense kept the saints in the game, but gave up the late deep ball.

and the denver game, they started off bad. but after that first quarter they played some really good ball.

as wwl mentions, the saints d has played good football for 15 straight quarters.

so when the Falcons running game demolishes and sets records agasint the likes of the Lions and Chiefs......... its not that impressive

but when the saints defense is fairly good against two of the least effective offenses in the nfl..........they are good.

gotcha Ic........

caralogic certainly has spent way to much time in the big easy

Not yet... You going to that game?

I'm trying...I put in for time off, but due to the timing of it I may not get it.

I am off the day of the game but I work the night before and I don't get off till 1 am....And Atlanta is like a 6 hour drive from me.

If I can get the day after off I am going to be there.

After all how I can I miss the game that is going to put us in first place ;)

I also put in the for the week before..........for the saints game. that is my b-day weekend so I think I have a better chance of getting that off.

I'm trying...I put in for time off, but due to the timing of it I may not get it.

I am off the day of the game but I work the night before and I don't get off till 1 am....And Atlanta is like a 6 hour drive from me.

If I can get the day after off I am going to be there.

After all how I can I miss the game that is going to put us in first place ;)

I also put in the for the week before..........for the saints game. that is my b-day weekend so I think I have a better chance of getting that off.

pmjd5.jpg