Muscle Definition

birdman2k4

the fitness thread is totally dead. so i gave this its own thread.

My goal right now is to just burn fat. Not really gain muscle and get bigger. I just want to get more definition. So my question is if my diet is right and i do my cardio right, can i get the results I want by lifting light? Instead of doing heavy weight at less reps, do light weight at high reps.

From the articles Ive read, it really doesnt matter if you train heavy or hard. The definition comes from doing your cardio and eating right. You just need to lose the fat around the muscle. So I guess I should be able to train light as long as my cardio and diet is good. But I could be wrong. So could somebody fill me in. I want to look good for my girlfriend. It would be a shame to take a picture at the beach and she has a 2 piece on looking sexy and I cant take my shirt off

It's all about resistance.

I resist doing any exercises ! :lol:

I find that push-ups,crunches (500-1000 per night) and kneebends along with stretching before and after exercise work really well.

I hate treadmlls but have come up with a little thing I do instead.Kinda like jumprope with no rope.Mix in a little "ski" move where I go from one side to the other.

Used light weights on occassion.

I lost weight fast ! (230-170 in @ 2 months.)

Do it in a HOT room and work up a good sweat !

The hard part is keeping it off !

Good Luck !

the fitness thread is totally dead. so i gave this its own thread.

My goal right now is to just burn fat. Not really gain muscle and get bigger. I just want to get more definition. So my question is if my diet is right and i do my cardio right, can i get the results I want by lifting light? Instead of doing heavy weight at less reps, do light weight at high reps.

From the articles Ive read, it really doesnt matter if you train heavy or hard. The definition comes from doing your cardio and eating right. You just need to lose the fat around the muscle. So I guess I should be able to train light as long as my cardio and diet is good. But I could be wrong. So could somebody fill me in. I want to look good for my girlfriend. It would be a shame to take a picture at the beach and she has a 2 piece on looking sexy and I cant take my shirt off

The last paragraph is exactly right -- you have to reduce your body fat percentage, which means burn fat and/or add muscle (preferably both).

As one guy on Sherdog put it once, do complexes (circuits) and less reps with the fork.

cardio and diet is what will do it. Doing more repititions won't really help, unless you build muscle that way. Each pound of muscle you add, raises your resting metabolic rate which will help also. But you could always just train your chest, shoulders and back really heavy to make your wais appear smaller :D

cardio and diet is what will do it. Doing more repititions won't really help, unless you build muscle that way. Each pound of muscle you add, raises your resting metabolic rate which will help also. But you could always just train your chest, shoulders and back really heavy to make your wais appear smaller :D

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree that more reps/lighter weight alone won't help. I would point out that using lighter weight to allow you to do complexes (which are a combination of strength training and aerobic exercise) will actually burn more fat than doing EITHER straight cardio or straight lifting alone.

I prefer to do a little of each -- circuits, LSD running and weight training, but lately, I've been pretty slack.

If you are looking to appear more defined, proper diet and and cardio are key. Have a clean diet (complex carbs, protein, moderate fats), lift weights (1-2 muscle groups a day) and do various type of cardio (HIIT, moderate, etc) on a regular basis and you'll be fine. Cheat on your diet (which I do often :D ) and you won't.

You can do all the crunches you want, but to get those "six pack" abs, you have to be 10% bodyfat or under, which is very difficult. Remember that this stuff takes time. Find what works best for you - something you enjoy...and stick to it!

Muscle definition, if you're vain like me, is often the goal...and sometimes easy. But...

Say you are 160 pounds...you can drop 20 pounds relativly quickly and have defined muscles...but you'll be skinny with small muscles. If thats your goal...great.

I started lifting/working out pretty heavily last January. I weighed 160 pounds, but I was "skinny-fat." I had a gut. I now weigh 165 with minimal fat, defined muscles (at least compared to what they were) and am getting close to that six pack. How to start?

1. The number one key is having a clean diet. Cut out the simple carbohydrates (candy, white bread, soda, alcohol, etc.). Up your protein intake, etc. No more fast food,etc. There is a wealth of information on the net about eating clean.

2. Weight training - again, you can find a ton of weight training routines and advice on the net. Find something that you think you would enjoy and stick to it. Don't listen to those that tell you there is only one way to build muscle. Everyone is different.

3. Cardio. Mix it up!

Making a change in our bodies takes time. Remember that this is not a race...but you still have time to get jacked up by next may...if you are willing to put forth the effort!

mus·cle /ˈmʌsəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[muhs-uhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -cled, -cling, adjective

–noun

1. a tissue composed of cells or fibers, the contraction of which produces movement in the body.

2. an organ, composed of muscle tissue, that contracts to produce a particular movement.

3. muscular strength; brawn: It will take a great deal of muscle to move this box.

4. power or force, esp. of a coercive nature: They put muscle into their policy and sent the marines.

5. lean meat.

6. Slang.

a. a hired thug or thugs.

b. a bodyguard or bodyguards: a gangster protected by muscle.

7. a necessary or fundamental thing, quality, etc.: The editor cut the muscle from the article.

CARDIO, tuna fish, brown rice, lean chicken breast, fruits and veggies, lots of water, supplements so you don't lose what you've worked so hard to gain...............

No heavy lifting, reps, reps reps..................

Sit ups, dips curls, lat pulls, run cross country (hills, etc)...............

The basics!!!!

I find that push-ups,crunches (500-1000 per night) and kneebends along with stretching before and after exercise work really well.

I hate treadmlls but have come up with a little thing I do instead.Kinda like jumprope with no rope.Mix in a little "ski" move where I go from one side to the other.

Good Luck !

you cant be serious. what did you eat a banana a day?? thats crazy like 60 Lbs in 2 months. what did yo eat. i want to lose some weight to get definition also.

Good Luck !

1000 pushups...a night? 60 pounds in 2 months? Hot room?

This guy isn't serious...at least I hope not.

1000 pushups...a night? 60 pounds in 2 months? Hot room?

This guy isn't serious...at least I hope not.

500-1000 crunches.In sets of 100 at a time.

Push-ups in sets of 40-50.Anywhere from 200-300 per night.

Not as hard to do just hard to keep doing every night.

The divorce that I was in the middle of helped also !

Need to start again !