Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChiefGSU275

Jerseys on Ebay

49 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever bought a Falcons jersey off of eBay? There are alot of them out there, dont know how "authentic" they are, but they have everything sewn on, numbers, logos, name, etc. I'm thinking about getting one because its such a good deal. Didnt know if anyone else had experience with it.

Has anyone ever bought a Falcons jersey off of eBay? There are alot of them out there, dont know how "authentic" they are, but they have everything sewn on, numbers, logos, name, etc. I'm thinking about getting one because its such a good deal. Didnt know if anyone else had experience with it.

I just bought a Reebok one off a member here, though when I check the status of the tracking # it still shows that it's only been electronically submitted to expect a package for shipping, not that it's been shipped.

I won an "authentic" jersey on eBay for $49.99. Once I get it, I'll post on here how "authentic" it is.

Unless its absolute garbage, I couldnt pass up a $50 jersey.

You can tell a difference, but you have to be REALLY looking. I bought a Jamal Anderson last year and Matt Ryan this year. Have been VERY pleased with them!

Hello to all....Im a newb but a Falcons lifer :D . I have several on field jerseys and I just bought a few chinese knock offs for the **** of it...first things first...no retailer of "genuine" on-field Reebok jerseys is going to sell one on e-bay for 50 bucks. If you look closely at auction pics or if you are interested in purchasing one, have the seller send you some pics of the jock tag and the sleeves. All logos on an official on-field jersey are sewn patches. If the Falcon logo, Reebok logo or ANY of the logo's are embroiderd (spelling lol) onto the jersey it is a fake. Also, the NFL players emblem on the jock tag...if it is in all red, it's a fake. An official "genuine" on field jersey has the multi-colored players logo on the jock tag. The only authentic jersey with the red players logo are the EQT jerseys. I am currently wearing a knock off on field Michael Turner jersey as I write this (I have a custom made genuine as well.) and it honestly looks pretty good...the only thing it is missing is the collar ribbing strip and the equipment logo is sewn a quarter inch too high. But, still a jersey you can grill and barbique in on game day and not have to worry about messing up a 200+dollar investment. But, never wear your immitation on-field to a Falcons game. Trust me, it's just not right. Also, the official "genuine" Reebok on-field jersey retails for anywhere between 200 to 300 dollars. WHOLESALE from Reebok these fetch 150 bucks a pop.

Bottom line, nobody in thier right mind would sell a real on-field Reebok jersey for 50 bucks...althogh, I let my friend's dog chew up my old Mike Vick one lol. Hope this helps anybody looking to buy on e-bay!

Falcons for life!

I cant see myself spending $200 on an item of clothing, so a $50 imitation that can only be identified by minor differences is a SOLID investment!

Bottom line, nobody in thier right mind would sell a real on-field Reebok jersey for 50 bucks

not necessarily true, but pretty close. some stores will sell their old ones for around that price right before a new season starts. they have to get rid of the old stock before the new ones come in. I got an authentic Vick like this at footaction for 50 a few years back. they had a couple others too.

that being said, none of the ones on ebay are end of the season sales, they are knockoffs. ive bought a few, some are good and i cant tell the difference at all, while on others the stitching popped on the numbers after washing it a few times.

Well i got the jersey I won. It looks very real from far away, and up close it looks good. The obvious differences are on the logo on the sleeves. Theres a bit more of a rounder looking end to the wings. The numbers and name "RYAN' on the back look fine. The colors are good. All in all, not bad for $49.99.

It really depends on what you're looking for. I personally like the replica better. I feel like it looks better, and although it may not have the stitching of the premier/authentic ones, the price accomodates that.

The "authentic" ones you find on ebay are fakes. I know because I bought one. The logos are slightly tweaked, although the name and number are 100% the same. The red color is a little off from the replica one as well.

It just comes down to personal preference. I like the replica, so I'm gonna stick with it. I sold the "authentic" one to a friend.

Most authentics on eBay are actually knockoffs - however they're 25% the cost of the actual ones. I own some of both and the differences are noticeble with close inspection but geez, considering the cost difference!

I purchased this Turner "authentic" on ebay; spent roughly $44 after shipping... If you look at it

closely, it's not exactly like the real deal, but it's very close. The quality, from what I've seen so far,

is quite good. I'm happy with it, as I cant see spending $120-$200 for the real deal. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260310561617

-The Dawg

Just keep in mind that supporting people that sell these is actually hurting the player and the Falcons, granted they have a lot of money but there is a degree of morals here that you have to consider.

Just keep in mind that supporting people that sell these is actually hurting the player and the Falcons, granted they have a lot of money but there is a degree of morals here that you have to consider.

For $300 a jersey, plus the money they are making anyway, I doubt the Falcons or the Players are hurting from a few people buying chinese fakes.

spending 300 on a jersey that i could get for 50 hurts me a lot more than buying a fake hurts the nfl.

if they want me to buy from them they should compete with their prices, until then i'll stick to ebay.

razrtalon likes this

I bought a Matt Ryan authentic on eBay for 40 bucks and it was legit. It's the same jersey sold for $200+ on nfl.com.

spending 300 on a jersey that i could get for 50 hurts me a lot more than buying a fake hurts the nfl.

if they want me to buy from them they should compete with their prices, until then i'll stick to ebay.

:lol:

The obvious differences are on the logo on the sleeves. Theres a bit more of a rounder looking end to the wings. The numbers and name "RYAN' on the back look fine. The colors are good. All in all, not bad for $49.99.

The Falcons logo on the sleeves is the main difference. The tip of the wing curls under like a C shape. I bought a Ryan and Turner "authentic" on eBay, and both have this horrible sleeve logo. Its no biggie really since I got them both for less than what a replica would be, but from here on, I will only get replicas.

The Falcons logo on the sleeves is the main difference. The tip of the wing curls under like a C shape. I bought a Ryan and Turner "authentic" on eBay, and both have this horrible sleeve logo. Its no biggie really since I got them both for less than what a replica would be, but from here on, I will only get replicas.

I feel the same way. I like replicas just the same, but figured I would try an "authentic" for $50. It wasnt bad, but I sold it to a friend and got my money back anyway. Took the money and bought a replica.

I think the fauxthentics, having everything sewn on, beat the heck out of screen printed replicas even if there are minor imperfections.

Those look just like the one that I bought. if you look closely in the photos, you can see the differences in the logo. Still not bad for the price!