Bye Week Improvements needed?

michaelgee

What's the deal with TE's in your scheme? Does Mularkey not like them or do the guys you have just suck? BC always features TE's and Ryan loves having TE's to throw to because they attract attention to the middle of the field. You can't give Ryan too many receivers, and giving him a consistent option over the middle would make your passing attack pretty tough to defend.

What's the deal with TE's in your scheme? Does Mularkey not like them or do the guys you have just suck? BC always features TE's and Ryan loves having TE's to throw to because they attract attention to the middle of the field. You can't give Ryan too many receivers, and giving him a consistent option over the middle would make your passing attack pretty tough to defend.

Mularkey uses his tight ends mostly for blocking. That's one reason they departed with Alge. I heard that after we signed Hartsock.

We have quality, I didn't say great, at the skill positions but or O and D lines could use improvement. If the secondary is an issue I would suggest finding a way to draft Eric Berry from Tennessee. Yes I'm a Vol fan but Berry is the best secondary player in college. I know he is only a sophomore but he won't even consider returning to Tennessee next season since the Vols are a complete mess.

We have quality, I didn't say great, at the skill positions but or O and D lines could use improvement. If the secondary is an issue I would suggest finding a way to draft Eric Berry from Tennessee. Yes I'm a Vol fan but Berry is the best secondary player in college. I know he is only a sophomore but he won't even consider returning to Tennessee next season since the Vols are a complete mess.

Berry has to return to college for atleast another year. Have to be atleast 3 years removed from high school to enter the draft.

I believe we have executed most of our game in a above average manner.

We definitely need better red zone packages to exploit the defense with our personnel.

Especially having norwood and Turner in there at the same time.

Our Defense have not played well in the 4th. I have noticed that the substitution has taken out Abe and Grady at the same time some times. We definitely need one of them in there at any given part of the game.

Punt return has been horrible for us. Jennings makes bad calls on most parts. However our special teams - sometimes - lets would be tacklers down the field too quickly.

Our secondary depends on the pass rush and that has been the issue whenever they get beat. In that case, a pass rush is what we need to improve on. Otherwise the secondary has been doing well.

We also need to make sure that all Wide outs catch a few more passes during practice. Especially on the ones like the possible TDs in the last few games.

Thats the one thorn in my side with Mularkey's offense. He doesnt use the TE enough, especially in playaction or redzone plays. I was surprised he used Peelle on a rollout for the first TD in the Green Bay game.

With the first six games completed, what do we need to fix the worst?

1. My hope is for a sure enough RED ZONE package to be installed.

other things that need addressing,

Punt Return-Could we let Jerious return punts? Norwood is the best return man I've seen.

I purposely left off what I think is a serious need, we need to insert some blitz schemes.

Failure to blitz in some 3rd down situations has given up first downs that we didn't need to give up.

If/when we develop a blitz package, I sure would like to see it be a revamped GRITZBLITZ!

My 2 cents

RED ZONE OFFENSE.

Punt Returns - albeit not many teams have Roscoe Parrish or Devin Hester

Another 2 cents

The pass rush is going to improve ALOT over the bye. In turn this will improve the secondary play. I just have a real good feeling about this team. The main reason the pass rush is going to get better is that the D-Line is being put in better positions for specific situations. By the way what got into JA98.

Peace

Eric Berry reminds me of Scott Case. Just ask Knowshon Moreno.

Good comments…

According to the plays and it appears McNabb will throw several 6-8 yard screens during a drive before going long. We have to shut down the short pass play. The DL will absolutely have to get their arms up as JA98 did last week. McNabb has lost a step in the speed department and doesn’t react well to getting off the turf. Considering that he often rolls left out of the pocket Abraham may have a big day. The new kid DeSean Jackson (WR) must encounter some NFL level knocks coming out of the gate. Turnovers-strip that ball, they will fumble. Let’s keep the momentum earned with that outstanding, game changing goal line stand.

Only offense concerns are making adjustments and confidence. Turner is a great RB but we sent him up the middle too many times without gains last week. If we don’t succeed in the middle after several attempts lets try around the ends. Please don’t play so conservative that we stop passing. We stopped passing against Chicago, to eat up the clock, and came up with too many three and outs in the 4th qtr. We have an outstanding offense that can easily match anything they put up.