In just 6 games Dimitroff has made McKay look like a total jackass

Jedi-Falcon

Dimitroff has somehow accomplished the un-thinkable. He has nearly completely undone 4 years of damage of Rick McKay. And the manner in which he did it - letting go all of our "star" players, bringing in a bunch of blue-collar guys, using our #3 pick to draft a QB ( usually a sure sign an NFL team is going to struggle right away ), hiring the most unknown guy with the most boring name in the world - Mike Smith - as HC.

In just 1 OFF-SEASON this unknown Patriots scout - Tommy Dimitroff - has this team not only Winning NOW but Winning for the FUTURE.

If you really think about what we are witnessing, it is incredible.

Going into the Bye with a 4-2 record might just catapult this team somewhere close to the Playoffs this season. And that will be a remarkable achievement rewarded by nothing less than Coach of the Year for Mike Smith and GM of the Year for Tommy Dimitroff.

Having said that...

We will likely get splattered by the Eagles after next week. But that's Ok. We'll still be 4-3, which isn't too bad.

What excites me is thinking about what he'll do next year. It's the same kind of excitement I had when we originally brought McKay to Atlanta. If Anderson can genuinely progress (instead of being a one-game wonder) then we have some major breathing room in the draft, I think. We already know based on this year's draft that Mr. Dimitroff will not draft BPA (which is the -- to me -- idiotic drafting style that got us JA98 to begin with) but will instead draft to fill needs and holes, pundits be damned. And I love it. The future seems to be very, very bright.

McKay may not be a Bill Polian or Bill Belichick, but he's a lot better than who chooses players for the Bengals and Lions.

He's gotten good people like Boley, Abraham, Norwood, White, Robinson, Blalock, etc. along with the bad players, but I guess the final axe in his GM career came with the hiring of Quitrino. I agree, though, that Dimitroff will be a lot better and we shouldn't have to worry about Coach hirings for a long time.

McKay may not be a Bill Polian or Bill Belichick, but he's a lot better than who chooses players for the Bengals and Lions.

He's gotten good people like Boley, Abraham, Norwood, White, Robinson, Blalock, etc. along with the bad players, but I guess the final axe in his GM career came with the hiring of Quitrino. I agree, though, that Dimitroff will be a lot better and we shouldn't have to worry about Coach hirings for a long time.

How about hireing dungy?Drafting sapp,brooks and barber?4 hall of famers there (in time).Dimitroff done that yet?

The bigger picture is

TD is the GM and is off to a very good, start.

Having Rich in there gives TD a knowledge base.

Think about the many NFL teams that mis manage

their players.

Okland

Detroit

Cincy

Miami

I firmly believe that we have one of the very best Front Office's in the league.

Rising Fast!

Cheers

Dimitroff has somehow accomplished the un-thinkable. He has nearly completely undone 4 years of damage of Rick McKay. And the manner in which he did it - letting go all of our "star" players, bringing in a bunch of blue-collar guys, using our #3 pick to draft a QB ( usually a sure sign an NFL team is going to struggle right away ), hiring the most unknown guy with the most boring name in the world - Mike Smith - as HC.

In just 1 OFF-SEASON this unknown Patriots scout - Tommy Dimitroff - has this team not only Winning NOW but Winning for the FUTURE.

Going into the Bye with a 4-2 record might just catapult this team somewhere close to the Playoffs this season. And that will be a remarkable achievement rewarded by nothing less than Coach of the Year for Mike Smith and GM of the Year for Tommy Dimitroff.

Having said that...

We will likely get splattered by the Eagles after next week. But that's Ok. We'll still be 4-3, which isn't too bad.

well he had 4 of his people he got for the pats go to the pro-bowl. Its what we needed was mckay ever a scout? the game could go either way if we win people are going to be gushing on us. if we lose, yaa philly is a tough team. why people don't need to get to high on playoff aspirations theres alot of season left and alot of good teams to play. ;) couple of bad ones too :P

Having said that...

"Rick McKay", whoever that is, probably is not even a Falcon fan. Who is this "Rick"?