Roddy White is not good

GreenFire

He is not great either.

He is ELITE.

I live in Chicago and I am a huge Falcons fan, and I took my first ever trip down to the Georgia Dome for the Chicago game. I loved Roddy White and expected him to have a good game like he usually does. But he was doing things I had never seen him do in that game.

The first thing that stands out to me about Roddy is his toughness. After almost every catch he would drag the corner for about 3 yds after he got tackled, and he was just a fighter. Very impressive.

The second thing that struck me was his awarness to know where he is on the field. He is a machine on 3rd down, he always seemed to get past the marker and extend the drive instead of being left with 4th and 1. That is not something every reciever can do, actually he is a part of a small majority that CAN do that. On third and long plays he was stretching the ball out and making plays.

But the last thing is that he is a SMART player when the play breaks down. When he saw his route and the play breakdown, I would watch him either break up field and Ryan would just loft a beauty to him, or he would come back to the ball. You cannot teach this sort of stuff, its instinct. The most evident of this play was on that TD that was called back. Roddy ran a comeback route that was well covered, and when Ryan rolled out he broke up the field and left his body susceptible to a huge hit. Should have been a TD.

He did all these things on that 2nd and 25 play. This kid is for real, LOCK HIM UP Falcons.

He is not great either.

He is ELITE.

I live in Chicago and I am a huge Falcons fan, and I took my first ever trip down to the Georgia Dome for the Chicago game. I loved Roddy White and expected him to have a good game like he usually does. But he was doing things I had never seen him do in that game.

The first thing that stands out to me about Roddy is his toughness. After almost every catch he would drag the corner for about 3 yds after he got tackled, and he was just a fighter. Very impressive.

The second thing that struck me was his awarness to know where he is on the field. He is a machine on 3rd down, he always seemed to get past the marker and extend the drive instead of being left with 4th and 1. That is not something every reciever can do, actually he is a part of a small majority that CAN do that. On third and long plays he was stretching the ball out and making plays.

But the last thing is that he is a SMART player when the play breaks down. When he saw his route and the play breakdown, I would watch him either break up field and Ryan would just loft a beauty to him, or he would come back to the ball. You cannot teach this sort of stuff, its instinct. The most evident of this play was on that TD that was called back. Roddy ran a comeback route that was well covered, and when Ryan rolled out he broke up the field and left his body susceptible to a huge hit. Should have been a TD.

He did all these things on that 2nd and 25 play. This kid is for real, LOCK HIM UP Falcons.

WHEN I SAW THE THREAD TITLE, I WAS READY TO PULL THE TRIGGER ON BOTH BARRLES ON YOU. ........... NICE READ.

You were about to get run off of this board judging by the thread title.

Then you redeemed yourself.

My thoughts exactly.

He is not great either.

He is ELITE.

It's very impressive how him and the entire team seem to keep busting their *** every week and improving. It's like each week there are a random few that just completely blow up.