What dose it take to get some RESPECT?

mobpickel

So as a Falcons fans I check to see the news and were they stand everyday. To my suprise we still are in the middle of the pack in the power rankings. I seen one were the Bears were ahead of us...... :huh: I think most sports reporters need to get there heads out of the big name teams ***** and learn some FOOTBALL.

on a side note check out : protrade.com Sports stock market it is great!

That's the annoying thing by these analysts. The only reason we haven't beaten a winning team is because we turned 2 winning teams into .500 teams.

Yeah, that's what I don't get. We're the reason that those two teams are .500. They had winning records when we played them.

Direwolf

I'm good with no respect. Look at what happened to Cleveland this year when they finally got respect. I want every team we play to read the articles, pencil us in early under the "W" column, and head to the locker rooms after the game shaking their heads and thinking: "WTF was that? I thought we were playing the Falcons this week!"

I don't understand why anyone gives a flying flip about Power Rankings. They are the dumbest and meaningless made up "stat" in all of football. Seriously, forget about power rankings.

You are right - they mean nothing - otherwise they would all match, now wouldn't they?

What do You guys think?

I think that either you just like to whine or don't understand that power rankings are nothing more than gimmicks to generate revenue for the website or publication that release them by making controversy for those that will bite on it. This isn't college and rankings are meaningless.

Here are my power rankings.

1-31 - Rest of NFL.

32 - Atlanta Falcons.

Thanks for reading, be sure and subscribe to my blog and mag. $5/month.

We haven't beaten a team with a winning record, our two divisional games we got slaughtered.

We beat the Eagles, we are in the Top 10.

Two of the teams we beat would have a winning record if we wouldn't have beaten them.

The Bucs game was 17-9 until 3 minutes left. That's slaughtered???

And the Panthers game was 17-9 until 12 minutes left in the 4th. Again, slaughtered? Considering our WRs couldn't catch that game and we had some very horribly timed penalties it was pretty close.

I know it's hard to contain all the excitement from our success this season, but let's forget about who has us ranked where. I mean, it's great to see how the media views this team, but it's all media. I think it's better when football fans and our opponents take us lightly because things tend to go downhill once the media begins building so much attention around your team...ex. NFC East.

*SIDENOTE*

We must beat the Eagles! Arizona, Cleveland, and St. Louis pulled out big wins against the NFC East and we should continue the trend.

I don't understand why anyone gives a flying flip about Power Rankings. They are the dumbest and meaningless made up "stat" in all of football. Seriously, forget about power rankings.

While I like looking at them, I think Hal it absolutely correct. Unless the NFL goes to a bowl system where the rankings define if we play in the postseason, then they have no value other than entertainment...

The only thing that earns respect in the NFL is winning consistantly. The 98 Falcons who went 14-2 and made it to the Superbow didn't get that much respect because everyone thought they were a "one year wonder" fluk. The sad thing was that they were right.

The 08 Falcons are off to a great start doing much better than anyone expected (including most of us). But in order to earn respect as a team, they have to win this year and win again next year. Until the Falcons have back to back winning seasons, they will never truly be respected.

Agreed. It's like saying we have most Pro Bowl players or best Fantasy players. This is not college football. Best thing about NFL is importance of each game towards ultimate goal = playoffs > Super Bowl > Champions