There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE

solidx

I've been telling people all along that i think we can get into the playoffs this season. If we even split the next 10 games were 9-7, i personally think 10-6 is the right number. We have bounced back strong after both of our losses and we have beaten all the teams we were supposed to beat PLUS 2 teams we "weren't". Now whether we SHOULD be in the playoffs or not is irrelevant this season, but we should embrace it and hope for it. Everywhere i post someone says "were just not a playoff team yet" which i completely agree with. We are not winning the Superbowl this year. Our schedule and the talent we have will allow us to get into the playoffs. We most likely wont go very far if we do get in the playoffs, but for this to be the starting point of a new era in Atlanta is insane and unheard of. Usually the rebuilding process takes 3-5 years depending on what decisions management makes, and so far they have made all the right ones. We fill in all the gaps this off season with Secondary and maybe another offensive playmaker and we are going to consistently be a "Playoff Team" and not just a "team that makes the playoffs"

If we don't make the playoffs this year, then we're just spitting distance from being the playoff teams. We've progressed so far so fast and we aren't even halfway through the season! Next year we should almost certainly be a playoff team and 5 years from now if the good decisions and consistency keeps rolling....we're gonna be monsters. We've gone so far this year that I'm pretty confident that we can beat the Patriots next year, with a Tom Brady still trying to readjust to NFL speed after missing a whole year. It should be a lock if we get them early in the schedule. Look at Peyton Manning, he just missed training camp and preseason and he struggled early this year.

5-1 to 6-0 should be pretty realistic this time next year, with playoffs a pretty real possibility.