Georgia defense could get big boost.

SacFalcFan

Georgia defense could get big boost

Ellerbe looks ready to go against Vanderbilt

By CHIP TOWERS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, October 13, 2008

Athens — Starting middle linebacker Dannell Ellerbe (knee) looks like he’ll be ready for the Vanderbilt game. Ellerbe ran extensively on Sunday and worked out for trainer Ron Courson on the sideline on Monday. Coach Mark Richt said flanker Kris Durham (ankle) is slightly more questionable.

Etc… .

Clint Boling was named SEC lineman of the week for his performance against Tennessee. The 6-5, 286-pound native of Alpharetta moved from right guard to left tackle to fill in for Vince Vance, who left the game with a season-ending knee injury. The Bulldogs had 458 yards offense in the 26-14 victory… .

The Oct. 25 Georgia-LSU will be nationally televised but the time and network are uncertain. CBS exercised its second of three six-day options to decide between that game for its 3:30 p.m. slot or Alabama at Tennessee. Whatever game it doesn’t select will be shown on ESPN at 7:45 p.m. Kentucky at Florida will by the Raycom game at 12:30 p.m.

My friend at work tried to convince me that Rennie Curran was the leader Ellerbe was on defense. While i agreed that Curran is friggin nasty he does not read offenses or is he the leader that Ellerbe is, JMO. Storytimes over. This is HUGE for UGA, people really underestimate the guy who is the main communicator and leads the defense. But he's not playing anyway :(

My friend at work tried to convince me that Rennie Curran was the leader Ellerbe was on defense. While i agreed that Curran is friggin nasty he does not read offenses or is he the leader that Ellerbe is, JMO. Storytimes over. This is HUGE for UGA, people really underestimate the guy who is the main communicator and leads the defense. But he's not playing anyway :(

rennie curran is a great, but he is a true soph.. so he really hasn't go to the point of an ellerbe yet.. ellerbe is a huge key for this defense.. we are hurting without him.