Just found out I am

Grim Reaper

I work for a private security firm. I am a lower level management type (site supervisor). Last Friday a woman approached me with some nude photos she found in the women's restroom. She didn't want to file a report, she just gave them to me. I reported it to building management and the manager said "maybe" I should notify the police. I found the term "maybe" to mean that I could use my judgment Since the "victim" didn't give me her name and didn't make a written statement, I didn't call the police.

Today I get an email directing me to the corporate headquarters to talk about some issues. My on site boss tells me that the operations manager is going to let me go for failing to follow the clients direction.

:(

I work for a private security firm. I am a lower level management type (site supervisor). Last Friday a woman approached me with some nude photos she found in the women's restroom. She didn't want to file a report, she just gave them to me. I reported it to building management and the manager said "maybe" I should notify the police. I found the term "maybe" to mean that I could use my judgment Since the "victim" didn't give me her name and didn't make a written statement, I didn't call the police.

Today I get an email directing me to the corporate headquarters to talk about some issues. My on site boss tells me that the operations manager is going to let me go for failing to follow the clients direction.

What kind of nude photos? Why are they your concern, unless they were taken on the premises?

Is it written anywhere in company policy that you are required to report any incidences like this immediately? Who were the nude picture of? Not the woman that gave you the pictures?

Never rule out the possibility that this could have been a set up. Have you had any past issues with your company? Have they been talking about cutbacks recently? Firing you could be a great way to not have to pay you unemployment.

Where were the photos taken? Not in the restroom? Why is it your responsibility to report this?

How do they even know about this incident unless the building manager reported it? Sorry if I missed something obvious but that was just my spur of the moment questions.

With the way things are today I hate most companies and I hate to see employees get screwed over.

Just because you may live in a fire doesn't mean you can't try to put it out.

this has nothing to do with your comment but I have been seeing your sig for quite a while now (I think) and have just now noticed the joker instead of jesus in the middle :lol: just thought I'd point that out lol

Is it written anywhere in company policy that you are required to report any incidences like this immediately? Who were the nude picture of? Not the woman that gave you the pictures?

Never rule out the possibility that this could have been a set up. Have you had any past issues with your company? Have they been talking about cutbacks recently? Firing you could be a great way to not have to pay you unemployment.

Where were the photos taken? Not in the restroom? Why is it your responsibility to report this?

How do they even know about this incident unless the building manager reported it? Sorry if I missed something obvious but that was just my spur of the moment questions.

With the way things are today I hate most companies and I hate to see employees get screwed over.

The pictures were of some naked guy, printed by a color printer. They were left in one of the stalls. The building manager thought it might be some pervert guy went in there and left them for some unsuspecting woman to find, kind of like indecent exposure. I still don't see a crime here, but that wasn't my call to make they say. It sucks. No unemployment for people who are fired.

The pictures were of some naked guy, printed by a color printer. They were left in one of the stalls. The building manager thought it might be some pervert guy went in there and left them for some unsuspecting woman to find, kind of like indecent exposure. I still don't see a crime here, but that wasn't my call to make they say. It sucks. No unemployment for people who are fired.

I don't think it's always, "no unemployment if you are fired." If you are indeed fired you can contact human resources for your company (if they have that) and if not you can contact your local Department of Labor and explain the situation. The DOL will take the needed steps to find out if unemployment is warranted.

I figured that the only way to get to your level of "go to Paris then meanie!" was to respond with that.

You act like a child and get child like responses. You should feel right at home.

I did say, "go to Paris" but I certainly wasn't thinking, "meanie" when I said it.