God Windows Vista is Horrible

womfalcs3

How did this trash pass testing?

So clunky, filled with bugs... just plain weak. Windows XP is by far the best OS ever released. I wish there was a way to downgrade will keeping all your files in tact. Using Windows XP is very enjoyable, and it's stable.

run vista SP1 it takes about a hour, it helps. ;) I still think it sucks but it helps. :P

vista is to xp as IE is to mozilla.

Amen. I'm currently using an older computer that runs XP. Apparently Vista doesn't even support the FAT32 system! How can this be?

I still have HDD's from early this decade that have files on them that I am not able to use with Vista. Why can't it be backwards compatible with filing systems?

I can't format them due to the importance of the files, and transferring all the files onto other HDD's to format those HDD's isn't practical whatsoever.

Amen. I'm currently using an older computer that runs XP. Apparently Vista doesn't even support the FAT32 system! How can this be?

I still have HDD's from early this decade that have files on them that I am not able to use with Vista. Why can't it be backwards compatible with filing systems?

I can't format them due to the importance of the files, and transferring all the files onto other HDD's to format those HDD's isn't practical whatsoever.

I believe the Vista 32-bit version will still support your FAT32.

womfalcs are you a computer programmer or graphics designer or something? Because I think 80% of the people who use Windows Vista would never have the types of problems you have. Every time you say why something is bad, or that something has bugs, I never have any idea what in the **** you're talking about, and never hear anyone else have the problems you have.

Your problems always seem so much more technically difficult than someone who just says "My computer keeps freezing" or "I can't transfer my files."

How did this trash pass testing?

So clunky, filled with bugs... just plain weak. Windows XP is by far the best OS ever released. I wish there was a way to downgrade will keeping all your files in tact. Using Windows XP is very enjoyable, and it's stable.

You know absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You have just proven my point.

Vista has to be the most vulnerable OS I've ever ran. It really is one of the worst MS products I've ever seen. I wanted to "downgrade" to XP with SP3 when I bought the laptop, but they told me that'd cost an additional $250. So I live with Vista on the laptop and do my secure file work on the old PC.

I will not use anything but WIndows XP unless a real killer apppliciation (usually a game :D) that only runs on Vista / Windows 7 forces me to do so

Windows XP is stable and unspectacular. That´s the way I like an OS. I leave good graphics to the applications, no need to have a noticable amount of the PC ressources already in use when there is actually no programm running. I know alot of people don´t care but those high powered PCs these days drain alot of energy even in idle, even worse when the OS itself looks like a 3D game, lol. And energy efficiency is huge factor for me on notebooks, especially netbooks but also on my desktop PC since I got tired of the never ending upgrade cycle to always have the fastest machine.

The future for alot of PC are processors like the Intel Atom, using only 4 Watt, no need for a noisy heat sink and fast enough to run all office application on them and even some basic games. But those CPUs need a fitting OS. Vista is the SUV among OSs and Microsoft might lose half the OS market in 10 years if they don´t build an OS that has rather has its focus on efficiency and not on graphical gimmicks

love vista, had it since june of 2007, the best OS ive ever had.

most people who knock it.. havent even tried it.

The problem (to me) is the amount of resources it uses compared to the number of benefits it gives. The graphical benefits and minor enhancements aren't really worth the amount of resources that it requires to run. I just want my operating system to function, not do back flips. For those of us that want to save system resources for the actual programs that matter, XP is a far superior choice. This is coming from someone who's currently using Vista Ultimate.

i've played with Vista on another computer, i personally can't stand it... i still like windows 2000 but windows xp is basically the same exact thing just a lil prettier... i guess i still am into the old school windows look... down with vista...

Vista is just a super dumbie downed thing so any schmuck can use it. As if XP wasn't simple... and its really pretty for the Kids and super easy to use...