Mike Mayock Talked about the Oklahoma O-Line draft status

atljbo

Mike Mayock said that the public and some "draft prospects" has these guys to high....... Mike said that the scouts are saying that Duke Robinson is rated as a 3rd round pick and Phil Loadholt (like i said) is 4th round pick.......

I agree with Mike Mayock 100%...... I think that Duke Robinson is going to be a late 2nd round-early 3rd round and i think that Phil Loadholt will be a 3rd or 4th round pick......

Mike Mayock said that the public and some "draft prospects" has these guys to high....... Mike said that the scouts are saying that Duke Robinson is rated as a 3rd round pick and Phil Loadholt (like i said) is 4th round pick.......

I agree with Mike Mayock 100%...... I think that Duke Robinson is going to be a late 2nd round-early 3rd round and i think that Phil Loadholt will be a 3rd or 4th round pick......

You show me the source because I simply can't believe that Loadholt is a 3rd round prospect.

!!!! Wow. I meant Robinson. I can believe that Loadholt is a 3rd round prospect.

I want to see the source that says Robinson is graded as a 3rd rounder. NFLDraftScout downgraded him to a 1-2 prospect.

Oh ok. Yeah, the Robinson thing was a bit of a shocker to me as well. He's been my favorite guard prospect, with Herman Johnson coming in at a close 2nd. I haven't really payed close attention to either one this year though....

huh thats strange about duke robinson. not sure i agree, but i guess ill have to watch another game and look at him. i was always paying attention to loadholt when i watched them (or at least mostly). i saw some of duke robinson but i never thought he looked bad enough to drop from a top 20 pick to a 2nd or 3rd rounder! i need to pay more attention to him in another game i suppose.

but i definately agree with him on loadholt. i wouldnt touch him in the first 2 rounds, after that... its a toss up. i havent seen much of him but i like fenuki tupou from oregon more than loadholt right now.

Well if Robinson dropped to the 2nd round we better take him without thinking about it but I think he will go higher than that.

You show me the source because I simply can't believe that Loadholt is a 3rd round prospect.

The source is NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock, as the original poster said.

With regards to these comments, I can't say I'm that shocked. I was saying the other day that Loadholt needs to move inside and Robinson is clearly a guard. As we saw last year, guards oftentimes drop on draft day. Teams aren't that inclined to spend high draft picks on them. Blalock was a surefire top 20 pick who (conveniently us) fell into the 30s. And neither of these guys is Justin Blalock.

With regards to these comments, I can't say I'm that shocked. I was saying the other day that Loadholt needs to move inside and Robinson is clearly a guard. As we saw last year, guards oftentimes drop on draft day. Teams aren't that inclined to spend high draft picks on them. Blalock was a surefire top 20 pick who (conveniently us) fell into the 30s. And neither of these guys is Justin Blalock.

Out of curiosity, how do you think Blalock has performed this season? He obviously struggled badly at times last season, but it seems like he has indeed improved a good deal this season. He gets overshadowed by Sam Baker (and rightfully so), but it would be REALLY nice to have the left-side of our OL locked down for years to come.

Out of curiosity, how do you think Blalock has performed this season? He obviously struggled badly at times last season, but it seems like he has indeed improved a good deal this season. He gets overshadowed by Sam Baker (and rightfully so), but it would be REALLY nice to have the left-side of our OL locked down for years to come.

It doesn't get discussed much around here, but the biggest jump a player should make is from his first to second year. This is good news for Blalock and bad news for Chris Houston. I was worried about Blalock down the stretch last year. He looked confused, intimidated and exhausted. To date this year, he looks like a Steve Hutchinson in the making. I mentioned this on the PF board the other day and I mean it. I think that Baker and Blalock could be the next Walter Jones/Hutchinson combo. Blalock is just a freak. He's a super-genius who can bench press an SUV. All he needs is seasoning to be a stud.

As a sidenote, if Falcons fans want to watch every play of every game for themselves, do a google search for Ten Yard Torrents. Join the forum and you'll see that ionsen88 uploads a torrent for all our games. I'm currently converting weeks five and six to upload to my TiVo as we speak.

Mike Mayock said this on COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOW today......Look at the re-air tonight (12 am and 5 am)

Also think about it...... Guards normally does not get drafted in the first round

In the last 11 years...only 5 Guards (picked to play guard in the nfl) has been drafted in the 1st round

2001draft- 17th pick: Steve Hutchinson

2002 draft- 30th pick: Kendall Simmons

2004 draft- 16th pick: Shawn Andrews

2006 draft- 23rd pick: Davin Joseph

2007 draft-29th pick: Ben Grubs

My point is that teams do not really take guards in the first round......Ive never thought that Duke Robinson was going to be a 1st round pick anyway...... I thought he was going to be a high 2nd round pick tho......i think he Duke Robinson will be a 2nd round pick but Mike Mayock knows his craft

I like Phil Loadholt but he is a 3rd - 4th round pick........ with his size and potential to be a really good RT.....Phil Loadholt will be a 3rd round pick.

Yup...i heard Draft Experts and Scouts was saying that Justin Blalock was the next best pure guard since Steve Hutchinson...(Shawn Andrews originally came out as a Tackle).........Everyone said dude was a top 20 pick .....but we drafted Blalock in the 2nd round

Yup...i heard Draft Experts and Scouts was saying that Justin Blalock was the next best pure guard since Steve Hutchinson...(Shawn Andrews originally came out as a Tackle).........Everyone said dude was a top 20 pick .....but we drafted Blalock in the 2nd round

yup blalock and houston were both supposed to be 1st rounders. like you said blalock was supposed to be in the top 20 and i think houston was supposed to go somewhere around #25-32. a lot thought he wouldnt make it past philly or new england in the first round.

the only reason houston fell was because people thought he was going to be another amhad carroll because of the school they went to.

I am thinking DT in the 2nd anyways.

But DT would be the 1 position that would be cheaper to fill during the freeagency.....

After Dallas paying Roy Williams top WR and extending all of there big name guys...These guys will walk

6'7 305lbs DT Chris Canty (25 years old)

6'3 300lbs DT Tank Johnson (27 years old)

Others

6'4 310lbs DT Shaun Cody (The Giants tried to trade for him...... I think Cody can be good DT with the right team and right situation)

6'3 310lbs DT Rocky Bernard

Chris Canty would look good on our DL......Plus he can play DE in our 3-3-5 formation....Its allot of stuff to think about...... I know everyone like and want 6'6 310lbs Vince Oghobaase

Believe it or not BUT.... my peoples has started his scouting and draft process...He told me that he thinks that Vince Oghobaase will be a 3rd round pick

He has a YouTube highlight video!

Ive seen the man play also....... Ive seen him play allot....... Phil can be a good RT in the NFL........

With Renardo Foster as our backup LT and Phil Loadholt as our Backup RT..... Depth wise.... Our team will be in a very nice shape