Cowboys acquire WR Roy Williams from Lions before trade deadline

Chitown2ATL_Falcon

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...ex.html?eref=T1

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- The Dallas Cowboys have acquired wide receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions.

The Cowboys on Tuesday traded a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in '09.

Williams' best season was 2006, when he went to the Pro Bowl after catching 82 passes for 1,310 yards and seven touchdowns. He has 17 catches for 232 yards and a score this season for the winless Lions.

The fifth-year receiver was drafted in the first round by Detroit out of the University of Texas. He has 262 career catches for 3,884 yards with 29 touchdowns.

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

What I want to know ios. . .Detroit was freakishly bad WITH WIlliams. .how bad are they going to be now?

The real question is how bad the Cowboys' are with him. It's going to take awhile for him to pick up their offense. Then Romo is going to be out for at least 4 weeks. By the time Romo comes back the two of them have to get a chemistry together, which would take us beyond the playoffs. I sure hope it was worth it to screw up next years draft.

The real question is how bad the Cowboys' are with him. It's going to take awhile for him to pick up their offense. Then Romo is going to be out for at least 4 weeks. By the time Romo comes back the two of them have to get a chemistry together, which would take us beyond the playoffs. I sure hope it was worth it to screw up next years draft.

THen you have to wonder if the egos of WIlliams and Owens can exist on the same field.

I am sure TO is going to be great about all of this I mean after all, "the guy just wants to wine.....I mean win." TO just wants to win as long as he is the focal point of their passing offense.

I guess I can now drop Creyton off of my fantasy roster in a couple of weeks.

As for Moss for a 4th the Raiders just wanted him gone. Don't compare that deal to much of anything else besides Moss is only as good as the guy throwing him the ball and this year he ain't that good.

I am sure TO is going to be great about all of this I mean after all, "the guy just wants to wine.....I mean win." TO just wants to win as long as he is the focal point of their passing offense.

I guess I can now drop Creyton off of my fantasy roster in a couple of weeks.

As for Moss for a 4th the Raiders just wanted him gone. Don't compare that deal to much of anything else besides Moss is only as good as the guy throwing him the ball and this year he ain't that good.

Have to agree with you on that one.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...ex.html?eref=T1

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- The Dallas Cowboys have acquired wide receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions.

The Cowboys on Tuesday traded a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in '09.

Holy smokes! Cowboys better do it this year cause they just spent their future!

Ok i got a question, I got Roy Williams on my fantasy team, should i sit him now that hes next to pass me the ball everydown owens or should i start him n see if Big johnson does something at qb

YOu looked at his production so far on the Lions? Moving to Dallas, his production probably isn't going to go DOWN from what it was in Detroit, time sharing or no. In Detroit, Calvin Jhonson was getting most of the catches.

YOu looked at his production so far on the Lions? Moving to Dallas, his production probably isn't going to go DOWN from what it was in Detroit, time sharing or no. In Detroit, Calvin Jhonson was getting most of the catches.

Yes, but in Dallas they actually have a quality tight end and two very good running backs. His stats will definitely go down.