'Opportunistic' Blank can turn page on Vick era, but will he still try to hold YKW hostage?

GA-DOME

After a so-called 'signature' home win by Matt Ryan against Chicago, it has given Mr. Blank some public courage to speak about Michael Vick. We all know Vick isn't likely to come back to the Falcons, but the REAL QUESTION that should have been posed to the impulsive Falcon owner :::: will you try to hold him hostage like Miami had done with Ricky Williams? Vick has made you a boatload of money and sold out the Georgia Dome (2001-2006) -- even when Vick was gone in 2007 and trying to be petty with the intention of pursuing bonus money is not wise. Vick earned HIS money--let that issue rest.

Now its Matt Ryan's turn to earn his paycheck, sell out the Ga. Dome, and make multiple playoff appearances in an effort for Blank to get a 'return' of his 12 million dollar a year investment. If Blank has truly turned the page once Vick gets out, let him go without any strings attached. You said you would put in a good word for Vick with Goddell, and in essence won't be an obstacle in Vick's comeback-- then Arthur we have to take you at your word--for now. Things can change in today's NFL. Romo healthy one day, and out with an injury for a period of time. Same thing for Brady. Same thing for Carson. Or even if it isn't injury, and just declining play after such promise i.e Matt Leinart, JP Losman, Kyle Boller or our very own Joey Harrington. You have the other 'Matt', Matt Ryan, not Schaub so you have to deal with the consequences of your actions of "turning the page, chapter and closing the book" on the QB who has the best winning percentage of any Atlanta QB in its 40 year history. Mr. Blank, you have officially gone on record and Vick can try to claim his life back and resurrect his NFL career.

Blank is gambling on Matt Ryan and that is right to do so, and if its the wrong decision then so be it. If he allows, Vick to resume his career with the possibility of him leading his new team to the playoffs or a SuperBowl and Ryan turns into a weaker incarnation of Carson Palmer with virtually no team success, I would be silently saying 'I told you so', but I would have a little respect for Blank for not being an obstacle in Vick's comeback in the NFL and in life.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive said this all along. Why wont they release the guy. I dont know of another player that will have 2 years in jail that the team didnt release the player. You got guys with DUIs and gun charges getting realeased off of getting probation. I mean no team will take Vicks contract for trade and no Vick will not restructure his deal, for what. When he will force the falcons to release him and a team will pay him the 900,000 you want him to have. IE Adam Jones. If the NFL reinstate him all he has to do is show up for camp,practice and say ok give me the playbook. Then yep the falcons will have to pay him. Why put this team, city through this. Things are looking up for us so the last thing I want to see is Vick and Ryan in the same camp together its not worth it.

Another day....another VICK-75 post about the greedy evil malevolent Arthur Blank and the poor misunderstood victim Michael Vick.

Boring, tiresome, redundant and ********....in other words, classic VICK-75.

If Blank believes Matt is the 'man' and the franchise, then let Vick go...

Blank has now gone on record... and keeping Vick around on the roster serves no purpose..

Matt is the third highest paid QB and why would you want him to deal with distractions..

Vick will be out sooner than people think.. within 3 to 4 months and this is why I think Blank is trying to make a statement now.. especially after the win vs. Chicago

Don't come here with that mess...

I am a Vick fan, but if the owner decides to move on, then that's his decision. Matt Ryan has shown a lot of promise and the difference between him and Palmer is that he is surrounded by real teammates, not big shots. These guys play for each other and as much as I'd like Vick to come back in a Falcon uniform (but at a different position - B)), I understand why Blank would just rather not go that route. The best Blank can do if Vick gets reinstated, is to trade him and if he takes another team to the playoffs, fine, but we have a player that has shown way more qualities of a great QB his rookie season than Vick has his entire career...all we need to do is continue building around him to really help with his maturation. So much luck to Vick, I hope Goodell decides to give him a second chance and reinstate him.

I am a Vick fan, but if the owner decides to move on, then that's his decision. Matt Ryan has shown a lot of promise and the difference between him and Palmer is that he is surrounded by real teammates, not big shots. These guys play for each other and as much as I'd like Vick to come back in a Falcon uniform (but at a different position - B)), I understand Blank would just rather not go that route. The best Blank can do if Vick gets reinstated, is to trade him and if he takes another team to the playoffs, fine, but we have a player that has shown he has all the great qualities of star QB...all we need is to do is continue building around him to really help with maturation. So much luck to Vick, I hope Goodell decideds to give him a second chance and reinstate him.

words of a true fan

I am a Vick fan, but if the owner decides to move on, then that's his decision. Matt Ryan has shown a lot of promise and the difference between him and Palmer is that he is surrounded by real teammates, not big shots. These guys play for each other and as much as I'd like Vick to come back in a Falcon uniform (but at a different position - B)), I understand why Blank would just rather not go that route. The best Blank can do if Vick gets reinstated, is to trade him and if he takes another team to the playoffs, fine, but we have a player that has shown way more qualities of a great QB his rookie season than Vick has his entire career...all we need to do is continue building around him to really help with his maturation. So much luck to Vick, I hope Goodell decideds to give him a second chance and reinstate him.

Good post Durrty......

Blank is not holding him hostage. Vick did this to himself.

Vick means just one thing to the Falcons. . . . compensation. They're looking for almost 4 million dollars the judge said that he had to reimburst them. Then they get any back they'd trade him to who ever wants him for whatever they can get for him ( hopefully at least one first rounder).