Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pejo

NFL.COM POWER RANKINGS

21 posts in this topic

Teams that look good enough to be among the 12 playoff qualifiers, but not based on conference.

Rank Team Record Prv. Comment

1. Tennessee Titans 5-0 2 After a week off, the Titans should add another one in the win column in Kansas City.

2. New York Giants 4-1 1 Was it a Monday night ambush -- or were the Giants, and especially Eli Manning, exposed against the Browns?

3. Washington Redskins 4-2 2 Becoming the Rams' first victim has taken a little of the magic out of this Cinderella story.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers 4-1 6 With their next game at Cincinnati, the Steelers might feel as if they're still on their bye.

5. Arizona Cardinals 4-2 -- Kurt Warner has found his groove, the defense brings the heat, and, yes, the Cardinals look as if they're for real.

6. Dallas Cowboys 4-2 4 Without Tony Romo and Felix Jones (and with the constant threat of implosion), this team suddenly looks pretty ordinary.

7. Denver Broncos 4-2 7 Never mind the concerns over the Broncos' defense. What happened to their offense?

8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-2 11 Jeff Garcia gave the Bucs a boost of energy vs. Carolina. Next is convincing Jon Gruden he should remain the starter the rest of the year.

9. Carolina Panthers 4-2 5 If Jake Delhomme has any chance of keeping pace with ultra-prolific Drew Brees, he'd better make a dramatic improvement over what he showed at Tampa.

10. Atlanta Falcons 4-2 10 Comparing Matt Ryan with Tom Brady isn't a stretch at all.

11. Buffalo Bills 4-1 8 With Trent Edwards expected back in the lineup, the Bills have a chance to rebound from their humiliating Week 5 loss at Arizona -- provided their offensive line and defense do their part.

12. San Diego Chargers 3-3 -- Very nice recovery from the debacle at Miami, but a sterner test awaits them in Buffalo.

dammit im still so nervous for the eagles. i still dont think the falcons deserve to anywhere higher than 13.

im afraid of a rookie game, even eli had a terrible game last night

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for a long time, just never post. I've been a falcon fan since the 70's. This statement really got my attention. Comparing Matt Ryan with Tom Brady isn't a stretch at all. Wow that's saying something.

3 of the Top-10 are NFC South teams. And the funny thing is the Saints are probably the best team in the division.

It's not that we are at #10 that gets me but that he said comparing Matt to Brady is not a stretch... and he was SERIOUS!!!

WOW... I'll take this kind of publicity any day. Guys, People are really starting to forget last year.

Teams that look good enough to be among the 12 playoff qualifiers, but not based on conference.

1. Tennessee Titans 5-0 2 After a week off, the Titans should add another one in the win column in Kansas City.

2. New York Giants 4-1 1 Was it a Monday night ambush -- or were the Giants, and especially Eli Manning, exposed against the Browns?

3. Washington Redskins 4-2 2 Becoming the Rams' first victim has taken a little of the magic out of this Cinderella story.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers 4-1 6 With their next game at Cincinnati, the Steelers might feel as if they're still on their bye.

5. Arizona Cardinals 4-2 -- Kurt Warner has found his groove, the defense brings the heat, and, yes, the Cardinals look as if they're for real.

6. Dallas Cowboys 4-2 4 Without Tony Romo and Felix Jones (and with the constant threat of implosion), this team suddenly looks pretty ordinary.

7. Denver Broncos 4-2 7 Never mind the concerns over the Broncos' defense. What happened to their offense?

8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-2 11 Jeff Garcia gave the Bucs a boost of energy vs. Carolina. Next is convincing Jon Gruden he should remain the starter the rest of the year.

9. Carolina Panthers 4-2 5 If Jake Delhomme has any chance of keeping pace with ultra-prolific Drew Brees, he'd better make a dramatic improvement over what he showed at Tampa.

10. Atlanta Falcons 4-2 10 Comparing Matt Ryan with Tom Brady isn't a stretch at all.

11. Buffalo Bills 4-1 8 With Trent Edwards expected back in the lineup, the Bills have a chance to rebound from their humiliating Week 5 loss at Arizona -- provided their offensive line and defense do their part.

12. San Diego Chargers 3-3 -- Very nice recovery from the debacle at Miami, but a sterner test awaits them in Buffalo.

wow...just wow!!!!

Wow 8,9,10, all NFC South thats respect for not only our team but our division also and NO can't be too far behind (but I just don't think Carolina will be good for some reason).

It's not that we are at #10 that gets me but that he said comparing Matt to Brady is not a stretch... and he was SERIOUS!!!

WOW... I'll take this kind of publicity any day. Guys, People are really starting to forget last year.

So dude, you're a Tech and a Falcons fan??? If this is true then we should be best friends. I'll send you an application

3 of the Top-10 are NFC South teams. And the funny thing is the Saints are probably the best team in the division.

I agree with you Jedi. I believe by the end of the season NO will probably win our Div. I hope we do but I think we need about one more off season B4 we can make a big run.

Not that I care much about the power rankings, we seem a bit high and to compare Matt Ryan to Tom Brady right now is just plain, CRAZY!