Rumor about Tubs being fired at Auburn?

SacFalcFan

From what ive been hearing today it seems TT was told if he loses the Arkansas game that he would be terminated. Well i guess he has met with the higher ups and has agreed to leave after the season is over. Auburn did not want to follow Clemson and what happened there. Also sounds like Butch Davis has been contacted and is looking as the #1 candidate to replace TT, i also heard that Kiffen was contacted as well but that Davis is who they would like to replace TT.. Derek Dooley's name is also in the mix..

Poor North Carolina. They cant keep a coach up there. I guess they need to spend more money on their football program and quit putting it all in basketball.

I don't believe that Davis will leave UNC to go to Auburn, unless Davis has some serious ties with Auburn from his past. He didn't go to school there did he?

From a AU insider:

First, that I posted that Tuberville was told IF he lost the Arkansas game he was going to be terminated. My post was deleted and I was given no reason why. Well, we lost the game. Tuberville has already met with the powers that be and they will negotiate Tuberville's termination.

Thursday and Friday everything will be sorted out and Tuberville has agreed to remain for the rest of the season. This is an amicable split between AU and Tuberville. They did not want another Terry Bowden type situation to occur. Now that that is out of the way...............

As I posted after the Arkansas loss, Butch Davis is the #1 target by our power brokers and will be offered the job. He is one of few people that can neutralize Sabear and Alabama not only in recruiting but in building a very good competent coaching staff. He will be offered a rate at or exceeding 3.5 million a year as in today's big time football world that is the going rate for a "Program Builder" type coach. Butch is not willing to talk during the season but we all know how that really works as there has been contact with his agent and another intermediary that has Auburn ties.

Lane Kiffen has already been contacted and will be a fall back guy if Davis decides not to accept the job. I was told he is NOT neccasarily our #2 guy just that we are keeping our options open.

Additionally, Derek Dooley has also been contacted and is in the same situation as Kiffin. Both would be fall back guys if we for what ever reason could not come to terms with Davis.

Butch Davis is going to want and request FULL CONTROL of the Auburn football program and if he is willing to come our administration better give it to him. Due to how other teams in the SEC have upgraded their coaches our powers that be know we can't accept a mediocre coach and it is why were are going to target Davis a guy who can recruit like ****, put together an excellent staff, and will NOT under any circumstances put up with questionable or illegal practices by bammer.

The future is very bright and we are going to put all of our eggs in one basket and I am confident that we will get our man.

WDE

Auburn fans better hope Fulmer doesn't get canned. Butch Davis is the #1 name being kicked around for us, as well. I would think the Tennessee job is more attractive than Auburn, given our tradition, stadium, prestige, etc. relative to Auburn.

We can also pay more money.

If Tennessee does fire Fulmer at the end of the year, it would be coming in the perfect offseason...We are not going to have to compete with any of the Michigan/ Notre Dame/ USC/ LSU/ Florida/ UGA/Ohio State type programs...Our biggest competition will be Clemson and Auburn.

Auburn fans better hope Fulmer doesn't get canned. Butch Davis is the #1 name being kicked around for us, as well. I would think the Tennessee job is more attractive than Auburn, given our tradition, stadium, prestige, etc. relative to Auburn.

If Tennessee does fire Fulmer at the end of the year, it would be coming in the perfect offseason...We are not going to have to compete with any of the Michigan/ Notre Dame/ USC/ LSU/ Florida/ UGA/Ohio State type programs...Our biggest competition will be Clemson and Auburn.

okay explain to me how ut can pay more money than auburn? I am not sure about that, but maybe you know something.. also if he is looking at recruiting base he would take auburn over ut easy..

lee.jpg

Not so fast my friend

CEO of Yellawood and Founder of the Colonial Bank Group are not only "megaboosters" they are also on the board of trustees here at Auburn. Bobby Lowder and Jimmy Rane get what Bobby Lowder and Jimmy Rane want most of the time, as far as more atttactive talent wise Tubs has left this program in better shape than Phat Phil has Tennessee. I'm not saying he's coming to Auburn but Tennessee needs to step off the high horse Phat Phil is running that program to shambles right now, while the spread is the only thing hurting Auburn.

Muschamp is the name I've been hearing for Tennessee, and while people have been saying it may be time for him to go I hadn't heard any rumors about Tubs until now. I would love to have a Butch Davis (and yes we do have the money). I think both are equally attractive at this point.

From a AU insider:

Now I would LOVE for this to be true (especially things not ending on bad terms with Tubs because regardless what's going on now he put Auburn back on the map with the '04 season) but I have read on the rivals premium board and other sites a whole bunch of guys who claim to be insiders and have no clue what they're talking about. You think this guy holds water?

not sure why anything thinks unc is a better football school than auburn.. it isn't.

Not sure anyone said that.

With that being said, I'd definitely stay at UNC. People in Chapel Hill aren't rabid fanatics like SEC fans are, because their main concern is basketball, Chapel Hill is a much nicer city than Auburn, and he just brought in a very good recruiting class and has a bunch of talent, and frankly he's got a better shot of winning the ACC with North Carolina than he would of winning the SEC with Auburn.

Butch Davis won't go anywhere, and he'll build North Carolina football into something impressive.

Not sure anyone said that.

With that being said, I'd definitely stay at UNC. People in Chapel Hill aren't rabid fanatics like SEC fans are, because their main concern is basketball, Chapel Hill is a much nicer city than Auburn, and he just brought in a very good recruiting class and has a bunch of talent, and frankly he's got a better shot of winning the ACC with North Carolina than he would of winning the SEC with Auburn.

Butch Davis won't go anywhere, and he'll build North Carolina football into something impressive.

yeah he can win at either spot and butch davis isn't afraid of a challenge.. the recruiting base for him at auburn is great with his proximity to georgia, florida, lousiana, and of course the instate talent. you can say that the unc talent pool is nice, but nothing compares to being that close to two of the top 4 states in georgia and florida for division 1 talent and another top 5 state in lousiana. he may have a better shot at winning the acc because it's an easier conference, but with the talent he can get down in auburn he could win the sec as well. it may boil down to money for him and recruiting base and yes even fan base..

okay explain to me how ut can pay more money than auburn? I am not sure about that, but maybe you know something.. also if he is looking at recruiting base he would take auburn over ut easy..

Tennessee has a bigger athletics budget than Auburn. Our boosters are willing to do whatever is needed.

And, yes Auburn does have a better recruiting base, that is true. But it is kind of like the Michigan job (worse recruiting base than even Tennessee) compared to some place like UCLA. UCLA might have some tradition and a great recruiting base, but Michigan is clearly a better job because of the history of the program.

yeah someone said he wouldn't leave unc to go to auburn.. he can win at either spot and butch davis isn't afraid of a challenge.. the recruiting base for him at auburn is great with his proximity to georgia, florida, lousiana, and of course the instate talent. you can say that the unc talent pool is nice, but nothing compares to being that close to two of the top 4 states in georgia and florida for division 1 talent and another top 5 state in lousiana. he may have a better shot at winning the acc because it's an easier conference, but with the talent he can get down in auburn he could win the sec as well..

Meh, maybe, I didn't think as far as him being close to Florida and Georgia, but being the former coach of the Miami Hurricanes, he's already got plenty of ties to Florida and I think guys will be willing to come to Chapel Hill just as easily as they'd be willing to go to Auburn. Maybe not the top, 5 star guys (yet) but he's going to be able to pull lots of talent from Florida regardless of where he coaches.

lee.jpg

Not so fast my friend

CEO of Yellawood and Founder of the Colonial Bank Group are not only "megaboosters" they are also on the board of trustees here at Auburn. Bobby Lowder and Jimmy Rane get what Bobby Lowder and Jimmy Rane want most of the time, as far as more atttactive talent wise Tubs has left this program in better shape than Phat Phil has Tennessee. I'm not saying he's coming to Auburn but Tennessee needs to step off the high horse Phat Phil is running that program to shambles right now, while the spread is the only thing hurting Auburn.

Muschamp is the name I've been hearing for Tennessee, and while people have been saying it may be time for him to go I hadn't heard any rumors about Tubs until now. I would love to have a Butch Davis (and yes we do have the money). I think both are equally attractive at this point.

Running the program into shambles?? We're having a bad year. So is Auburn. At least we are one year removed from representing the East in the SECCG.

When was the last time Auburn was even in the SECCG?? 4 years ago? Tubs has only been in it twice, compared to Fulmer's five (and 2 Championships vs. Tubs 1). Let's not get into a pissing match about which coach is/was better or which program is more storied because you really wouldn't have anything to support your case vs. Tennessee.

On the coaches, I'd gladly take Muschamp, Kiffin, Sarkasian, etc. etc. However, I'd like Butch Davis as a first choice.

Now I would LOVE for this to be true (especially things not ending on bad terms with Tubs because regardless what's going on now he put Auburn back on the map with the '04 season) but I have read on the rivals premium board and other sites a whole bunch of guys who claim to be insiders and have no clue what they're talking about. You think this guy holds water?

We have the same problem on the GT boards. This guy seems to have more content than most people who claim to be insiders. SOunds legit.

I hope Auburn can steal Butch away from UNC because he is one coach that could really stifle GT's chances at the Coastal Title year in and year out (aside from Beamer and VT).

The way I see it:

Clemson- Bobby Johnson

Tennessee- Will Muschamp

Auburn- Butch Davis/ Derek Dooley

Washington- Lane Kiffin

Running the program into shambles?? We're having a bad year. So is Auburn. At least we are one year removed from representing the East in the SECCG.

When was the last time Auburn was even in the SECCG?? 4 years ago? Tubs has only been in it twice, compared to Fulmer's five (and 2 Championships vs. Tubs 1). Let's not get into a pissing match about which coach is/was better or which program is more storied because you really wouldn't have anything to support your case vs. Tennessee.

On the coaches, I'd gladly take Muschamp, Kiffin, Sarkasian, etc. etc. However, I'd like Butch Davis as a first choice.

Oh really I wouldn't? When is the last time Tennessee won the SEC? (Auburn won it in 2004) When is the last time Phat Phil beat Tubs? (Hasn't beaten him since '98) When is the last time Tennessee went undefeated? (Auburn did it in '04)

How about seasons the football program was named National Champions?

Auburn

Tennessee

My tally is 7-6 in favor of Auburn (BTW half of Tennessee's "National Championships" the season ended with a bowl loss)

How about Heismans?

Auburn

-Pat Sullivan

-Bo Jackson

Tennessee

My tally is 2-0 in favor of Auburn

You tell me which program is more storied.

As far as getting money for Davis, the difference between you're boosters and our boosters is two or more of our boosters sit on Auburn's board of trustees, Bobby Lowder is considered one of the most powerful boosters in the nation and was listed as one of the most powerful people by Forbes, Auburn has the money TRUST me.

How about seasons the football program was named National Champions?

Auburn

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The mind of an Auburn fan!

Auburn has 1/2 national championships, and that is from 1957. All those others you listed (particularly 2004 and 1993 :lol: ) are complete BS.

Tennessee has:

- More national championships (2 REAL ONES vs. 1/2 of a REAL ONE),

- More SEC Titles (13 vs. 6)

- More bowl appearances (We are #2 historically behind Alabama. NO idea how far down the list Auburn is)

- More bowl wins (#4 behind Alabama, USC, and Penn State. NO idea how far down Auburn is)

- More overall wins (770-320 for a .697 win %...Good for 9th most wins historically)

Do I really have to keep going?? Oh, that's right, yall have more Heismans...Which is, of course, an INDIVIDUAL AWARD!!! Not to mention since Peyton got ripped off for it in 1997, I could care less about it. It is clearly not always given to the best player. Of course, Bo Jackson did deserve it.

Auburn will always be known as Alabama's ugly step-brother. It is a program devoid of anything meaningful and they are completely irrelevant...Regardless of their recent success against Tennessee.

1/2 a National Championship and 6 SEC Titles do not put you anywhere near the "Elite" category. Particularly when comparing yourself to the 9th winningest program that has 13 SEC Titles and 2 legitimate National Championships.

We have better tradition, better facilities, and more money. Judging by the teams that will be looking for coaches, we'll get the pick of the litter this offseason if Phil is fired.