NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Cowboys have acquired Roy Williams from the Lions.

atljbo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowboys acquire WR Williams from Detroit

Posted: October 14th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Dallas Cowboys, Roy Williams

The Lions have traded WR Roy Williams to the Cowboys for a first, third and sixth round pick.

This screams desperation o dallas end..........wow..... Dallas is rebuilding the Lons

It's also being reported that the Lions are going to put Kitna on IR, then release him when medically cleared. The Lions are in rebuilding mode.

It will be interesting to see how Williams and TO do together in Dallas...neither one are known for a lack of ego!

ON EDIT: It's official - Kitna to IR. Link

Also, it appears the Lions got three picks (one a first rounder) for Williams. Another Link

That is definately a lot of picks to send in return for one player that they're going to control for less than two seasons.

I don't think Roy Williams is enough by himself to demand that many picks, and he can't put Dallas over the top by himself.

In fact, part of the problem here is that Dallas is passing the ball too much because you have too many mouths to feed, and they already are under-using their two very talented running backs. And if anything needed to be upgraded following the loss to Arizona, it's the pass defense, rather than the passing offense.

This could simply be a move by the Dallas Cowboys to meet the minimum requirements of each team to have 2 players named Roy Williams on their active roster...

:huh:

...oh wait, nevermind.

Quite honestly, I don't see why they needed another WR, much less one of Williams' caliber. With recent events considered, you would think they would have gone after help in the secondary. I guess they believe in the old adage that the best defense is a good offense...

the lions arent going to win any games this season.

This trade was super smart by the Lions....The Lions can leave the Day with with 5 impact players with all of the jrs possibly coming out...... Detriot Finally did something smart...... They was going to lose Roy William to freeagency anyway

The Lions could end up with QB Matthew Stafford and WR Darrius Heyward-Bey.... in the first round...... Thats a franchise changer

Reviewing: The Lions spent the #2 overall pick on Charles Rogers, the #3 overall pick on Roy Williams, the #10 overall pick on Mike Williams and the #2 overall pick on Calvin Johnson. Only Johnson remains with the team.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Are you forgetting the most importantly thing? Matt Millen isn't there anymore. This is a great move for them. I also wouldn't be shocked to see a complete change in the coaching staff.

For the slower people in the crowd, that was a review of the Braves' recent draft moves rather than a look forward to their future, which is impossible since they don't even have a GM at the moment.

Anyone know the last time Warrick Dunn had a 100 yard game?

Seems kinda smart on both sides to me, though I'll definitely give the edge to Detroit in terms of value in the trade. But someone has to make out better on a trade... particularly between teams on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Dallas doesn't have much in the way of glaring needs to address in this draft and their WR corps is overrated... TO and Jason Witten provide the biggest threats, with Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton serving as little more than distraction. Owens and Glenn probably don't have much more in them, with TO probably only hanging on to try and get a ring. Roy Williams gives them a younger playmaker, not only opposite of TO but to eventually take his place if they manage to give him a new deal.

That being said, I hope he drops every pass and the Cowboys never win another game. ^_^

For the slower people in the crowd, that was a review of the Braves' recent draft moves rather than a look forward to their future, which is impossible since they don't even have a GM at the moment.

Anyone know the last time Warrick Dunn had a 100 yard game?

I'm not going to lie, this post just blew my mind. Are you drunk? Am I drunk?

I'm not going to lie, this post just blew my mind. Are you drunk? Am I drunk?
I agree. I have read it about 5 times and still don't understand it.

He obviously made a mistake and put "Braves" in place of "Lions". Go back and re-read it this way...

For the slower people in the crowd, that was a review of the LIONS' recent draft moves rather than a look forward to their future, which is impossible since they don't even have a GM at the moment.

Marion Barber needs to be the one complaining about not getting the ball enough, especially in the fourth quarter, where he's been dominating over his career.

The squeaky wheel always gets the oil. Seems a shame that you're punishing the man who ISN'T complaining.