Improved Falcons a hit on TV too

atljbo

Improved Falcons a hit on TV too

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Falcons, a year removed for Michael Vick’s incarceration and Bobby Petrino’s abrupt exit to the college ranks, are also a hit in living rooms around the city.

Through the six weeks, the Falcons are averaging a 16.7 rating in Atlanta, an increase of 25 percent from the 13.3 average rating at this time last year. That is the second biggest increase in the league behind the New York Jets, whose ratings have increased 32 percent.

Also, the Falcons are averaging a 34 share (meaning percentage of homes with televisions on that are watching Falcons game) — an increase of 33 percent from the 26 average share at this time last year.

That 33 percent increase leads the NFL and is more than double the next largest increase (Miami Dolphins, 16 percent).

They could still flex us into Monday night. Maybe week 13. Do we want to see Jacksonville vs. Houston?

If they flex us the country can see Atlanta vs. San Diego. And if each team continues their currents trends I can see this happening.

True ...They would have a good storyline..... Michael Turner against LT.........But for thisto happen we will have to be a playoff contender

If we keep winning games...... We may have that option

I was amazed when up here on the Northcoast of California the Falcons were the game they chose to show. I just feel terrible that it had to be on the one time that Cal State San Bernardino comes up here to Humboldt State and I had to go watch that game so I only saw the first half. Anyway, more power to us! Hopefully we get some flex games this season and at least a few more next year because I can't afford to get NFL Sunday Ticket being a broke college student haha.

What does this say about the fan base? Sorry but I had to say it, I have noticed how people here in Atlanta jump on the bandwagon only when the ship is right.

A fans a fan doesnt matter if he hops aboard when were winning. Last i checked we didn't get paid to be fans. If it helps the team sell tickets and keeps us on tv im all for it.

They could still flex us into Monday night. Maybe week 13. Do we want to see Jacksonville vs. Houston?

If they flex us the country can see Atlanta vs. San Diego. And if each team continues their currents trends I can see this happening.

Considering I'll be attending that game, I would love it if it got flexed. B)

What does this say about the fan base? Sorry but I had to say it, I have noticed how people here in Atlanta jump on the bandwagon only when the ship is right.

That's in any city. Even in Chicago, the Bears' ratings rose in 2006 after it was apparent they were far-and-beyond the best team in the NFC. We did sell out 6 of our 8 home games last year in arguably the worst season any fanbase or franchise could endure. If you live here, you ought to know there are a lot of passionate Falcons fans in Atlanta and this message board reflects that. One of the most active and populated forums throughout the NFL.