Albert Haynesworth

etherdome

AH has the talent. There is no doubt about that. He was the guy that got too emotional one game and stepped on another player. He really hurt the guy. That was one isolated incident and he has played the game correctly since his suspension. Personally, I don't see a repeat offender in him.

Some people say that he is not a consistent player. I have not seen evidence of that . From what I have seen, he is a force in the middle. Given that we could use an upgrade at the DT position and that this draft does not have a true DT star, shouldn't Haynesworth be at the top of our FA wish list?

What do you guys think?

The only question about AH is that is this great play down to him wanting to get paid, before last season he was nowhere near th force he has been playin these last two seasons, so if a team where to give him the big pay day would he stop playing with the energy he is playing with now.

I would not be paticulary worried about character issues unless a player has repetedly done stupid things like Pacman.

Oh and there is no way the Titans let him leave, I really can't see it happening.

The only question about AH is that is this great play down to him wanting to get paid, before last season he was nowhere near th force he has been playin these last two seasons, so if a team where to give him the big pay day would he stop playing with the energy he is playing with now.

I would not be paticulary worried about character issues unless a player has repetedly done stupid things like Pacman.

Oh and there is no way the Titans let him leave, I really can't see it happening.

It doesn't matter about all that. His character issues is probably enough to make Dimitroff avoid him.

super talented but not right for us, ill never forget him Marcus Vick'ing Andre Gurode in the head 2 yrs ago

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But really, I would love to have the guy here. The dude has been playing top notch football and is probably a top 3 DT. Could you imagine him and Trey Lewis in there for us? :o

He's going to take a monster contract and I'm not sure that he's the solution to our problems. I don't know if one guy with an 8-10 million cap number is what our defense needs. Through FA you look for quality starters. YOu find your superstars through the draft. Stars in their prime on the open market can destroy your cap.

I see it as just the opposite. I believe you find quality starters through the draft. If you are going to pony up in free agency, you better make sure you are getting an elite player. Haynesworth is the best DT in football, the very definition of elite. And he just turned 27, hard as that is to believe. He's got at least 5 good years of football left in him as long as he avoids serious injury.

I see it as just the opposite. I believe you find quality starters through the draft. If you are going to pony up in free agency, you better make sure you are getting an elite player. Haynesworth is the best DT in football, the very definition of elite. And he just turned 27, hard as that is to believe. He's got at least 5 good years of football left in him as long as he avoids serious injury.
I agree. WIth Haynesworth, our DL would be unstoppable if Jamaal lives up to his 1st round potential.