where's the Yuengling?

XLDenali

It's not the second coming or anything... I'd rank it about two urinations about Bud Light...

lol well every time there's a "favorite beer" thread it always comes up and it's the only one that I haven't really heard of (unless you count Shiney's answers lol) so I'm curious to see what it's all about.

ah, found it! They have it in Tennessee so I'll try to track some down then. Here's a map of what states they're in if anyone is curious:

http://www.yuengling.com/distrib.htm

Sucks they're only on the east coast...and how do they just totally skip over GA??? Their FAQ says they're not really planning on expanding at a rapid pace or anything..

there have been rumors on this board (and in an email i received from the bringyuenglingtoga.com petition website) that distribution in GA would begin October 2.

and there have been unconfirmed reports of its existence in Georgia for quite some time. i swear i once had a draft yuengling at a bar here in ATL, but i have never found it again (and i was pretty drunk at the time). other sources, too, have claimed such encounters with the yuengling here within our very borders.

I did some googling and found some interesting stuff....there's message board postings dating back to 2005 that report that Yeungling is coming to GA soon so I wouldn't get too excited til you see it...looks like there's been reports in 2005 that it was coming and in 2006 and 2007 and those didn't really pan out....there does seems to be a lot of people talking about it for Oct. 2008 though so maybe it's just taking them a while to get their stuff together.

lol well every time there's a "favorite beer" thread it always comes up and it's the only one that I haven't really heard of (unless you count Shiney's answers lol) so I'm curious to see what it's all about.

I certainly understand the excitement about it since you haven't had it. We had it in Charleston SC as early as 2004, and it was pretty good. I've just found that I really enjoy my local brews much more.

I'd love for you to try. Tell you what big bad internet thug. I'll be at the next home game Section 121 seat 19-20 row 32. Come on by with your cup of what ever you please! :rolleyes:

IM SERIOUS! <_<

it was a joke. shoulda putta a smiley face in there somewhere. oh well.

but please tell me more about how I'M the internet thug, tough guy.

P.S. nice seats, jerk.