My Hair! It's Falling Out!

womfalcs3

I've been suffering from eczema (Not severe, but close.) for years, but now my scalp is degenerating. I suffered with skin bleeds and cracks on my eyebrows, elbows, calves, and ears. Now my scalp is killing me. My skin is cracking, and my frontal hair is falling off. I've started on a treatment method for my head, and hopefully it starts to work soon.

I dump lotion on my body daily because of this stupid ailment. It's permanent, and there's no cure yet.

I got to start dumping lotion on my head before I go to sleep every night.

I'm only 22.25 years old. :(

I can't age like this. My knees sometimes hurt, my back sometimes hurts, my vision is depleting, I'm getting wrinkles already, and I'm getting ailments in my body that aren't common for men under 40 years of age (read recent thread about cancer false alarm.). My hair needs to remain in tact. Baldness isn't prevalent in my family.

That's just dreadful.

Have you seen a doctor? Or 10?

Not since I was diagnosed. Eczema has no cure. I can only temporarily relieve it. That's why I must try to keep my skin heavily moisturized constantly. That doesn't prevent it from breaking out, but at least it becomes manageable.

It's burns and it itches like crazy...but when you start scratching, your skin starts to bleed. It's hard not to scratch though. It becomes so frustrating. I came across this girl once whose body was filled with scabs from eczema. She obviously has it much much much worse than I do. At least I can manage mine when it breaks out.

It feels like somebody is poking my scalp with dozens of needles.

I'm 22 as well and have to use rogaine and proscar (generic form of propecia). Been using it for probably close to 3 years, maybe more and seems to work well enough. Doesn't regrow but it has helped slow the loss of hair. Your situation seems a little more complicated than mine though. Also, I find the best way to cover thinning hair is a short haircut.

I've been suffering from eczema (Not severe, but close.) for years, but now my scalp is degenerating. I suffered with skin bleeds and cracks on my eyebrows, elbows, calves, and ears. Now my scalp is killing me. My skin is cracking, and my frontal hair is falling off. I've started on a treatment method for my head, and hopefully it starts to work soon.

I dump lotion on my body daily because of this stupid ailment. It's permanent, and there's no cure yet.

I can't age like this. My knees sometimes hurt, my back sometimes hurts, my vision is depleting, I'm getting wrinkles already, and I'm getting ailments in my body that aren't common for men under 40 years of age (read recent thread about cancer false alarm.). My hair needs to remain in tact. Baldness isn't prevalent in my family.

Is it because of your diet? My kids had a mild case of eczema due to eating wheat bread. My oldest sister had such a bad case that she had to go on disability. It eventually cost her that job. I really hope that you get better.

My 11 year old has it bad too. She also has nickel dermititis which makes a bad situation worse. I have to put clear nail polish or duck tape on the buttons of her pants to help with break outs. She also walks around scratching like she has fleas and it drives me insane! I took her a dermatologist and she gave me some great tips on helping her cope. She has to wear the same pajamas for like five days. Before bed I put on her medication, she has two, one is a little stronger than the other and is only for really bad episodes. She drenches her self in the meds and then once it dries in she puts a lite coat of the creamed Crisco on and then pajamas. At first I thought Crisco (????) but it WORKS. It is not nearly as bad as it use to be and she now can manage on her own. The reason for the pajamas (t-shirt kind) is it soaks up the crisco and helps with the moisturization from night to night

I came across this girl once whose body was filled with scabs from eczema.

Why didn't you just buy her some neosporin or lotion? I bet the salt content would've been less.... Sorry, had to.

Anyway, for the scalp have you gotten any prescription shampoo or tried Neutrogena T-Gel Max Strength? My uncle has it and it helps him a lot.

Oh cry me a river. I'm overweight, hairy and also going bald. ...and I'm still sexy. And I'm only 23...been going bald for about 2 years. Stupid dad.

Dude, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, have you tried any holistic methods? I can't say that I've heard anything in that which would help you, but you never know (unless you've actually checked). There are all kinds of stuff that traditional western can't cure, but holistic methods can. Just a thought. And if it makes you feel any better, you aren't that old. I have a friend who was bald by 18.

Oh cry me a river. I'm overweight, hairy and also going bald. ...and I'm still sexy. And I'm only 23...been going bald for about 2 years. Stupid dad.

im telling you bald peopel get play also, so mayb you would look good without hair. id rather be bald then dump lotion all over my head like that, plus going bald is worse than being bald. if you just shave your head all the time you wont even notice, or go really short. both work for balding people. Hey man Dembirds is bring sexy back. i saw going bald over lack of sleep and stress, but college life has taken care of that. lmao funny nite last nite.

Man I shaved mine a long while back and it's great. Once you get rid of your hair you will never want it back. I shaved it because working at the power plant it was always full of coal dust and it dried out badly.Plus I developed a bald spot on top of my head so I said WTF, I will beat nature on this. Very liberating.

Hair is so overrated, I go to the barber every 4 weeks to make sure I won´t have to spent a second every morning on my hair. My barber is from Turkey, I think he was a sheppard before he came to Germany, I just say "treat me like one of your sheep" and he does that with a big grin... I know it is a big risk saying that because people do alot of strange things with a sheep but so far it was all about the hair :D

Hair is so overrated, I go to the barber every 4 weeks to make sure I won´t have to spent a second every morning on my hair. My barber is from Turkey, I think he was a sheppard before he came to Germany, I just say "treat me like one of your sheep" and he does that with a big grin... I know it is a big risk saying that because people do alot of strange things with a sheep but so far it was all about the hair :D

yea..you may wanna be careful asking to get treated like a sheep. :lol: