Heads or Tails?

FalconsFor6

Amazing isn't it? What's in a coin flip?

A simple coin flip was the difference between us acquiring Ryan or seeing him go to the Chiefs or even the Ravens who were trying desperately to get ahead of us to select Ryan...

A simple coin flip is the difference in this organization getting the foundation for long term success (quality GM, quality HC, quality QB) in 2008 or having to wait for another QB that will probably have all the physical gifts, but not the intangibles...

At this point in time, those intangibles are the difference between Ryan and Flacco, IMO...

I want to wait to see how Ryan develops over the course of the entire season before I anoint him savior, but all signs point to him being a special, special player and I hope to see it over and over for the next 12+ seasons...

Dang, I had forgotten about that!! So close, glad we finally caught a break.

Me too until I thought about it...

I remember the board going nuts and people citing the official rules of the draft order after it was certain we were in a 3-way tie with the Chiefs and Raiders...

The potential of a simple coin flip...

...crazy...