The year we drafted Roddy white

Blitz28179

I hvae certainly gained an immense amount of respect for Roddy over the last 20-25 games. He still seems to slip down a little too often but it is so obvious that he has grown leaps and bounds in the last two seasons. I was also very suprised to find out that he was an excellent wrestler in high school. Even on the HS level, a wrestler has to be one of the toughest, smartest, and most dedicated athletes out there. Maybe Roddy is finally feeling comfortable, and confident that he indeed belongs in the upper echelon of NFL wr's.

falconsrsuper,

That guy was actually me.. I went to school with roddy white at Uab(while getting my undergraduate degree). I actually saw the entire falcons defense at VELVET ROOM last night,roddy white, shockey and mugelli were also there....It was Jonathan Babineaux birthday party..........I saw the entire defense except eric coleman, not too sure where he was.....

Back to roddy white, I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before everyone saw what we saw back then.. He is very fast..Tv does not do him justice.. You will actually have to see him at a LIVE game.

I was too excited back then that a guy from or small sports school could come this far.. I am happy for him.

I remember folks talking about training camp for those first couple of years. They were saying that he had the best hands on the team and that his speed and his routes were awesome. However, come game time, he had the dropsies. I think that a large part of that was the guy throwing the ball. When someone else started throwing Roddy the ball, he had a breakout season. This year, it's more of the same.

Even if it wasn't the guy throwing the football, I'm glad that Roddy finally became who he is today.