Roddy White contract extension ?

vagus_x

If I remember correctly , we signed White to a 5 year contract which make his next season the last season with the falcons , I did not hear of any contract extension talks , i know White would like to be paid like a true number one WR , Should we pay him the big cash? or should we go after other WRs ( Boldin , Roy Williams , etc)? what do you guys think

What is our cap situation like? I used to get all of that information off falcfans.com but I couldn't find the current salary cap spread sheet if there is one.

Also did we ever figure out long term what effect the Vick thing is going to have on us cap wise. I hate to bring that up but it's a fairly big deal. If I recall correctly he's still on the suspended list and not cut. The court let him keep most of his bonus and eventually we may have to take a cap hit.

As to Roddie we should definitely pay him. We've been looking for a number one for too long and finally found one. Letting him go would be a disaster. While we're at it we should try to get a deal done with Boley also.

Well I say that so far this year, and alll of last year he's shown tremendous growth. If he finishes this year as he's started it, I say he's due to have his payday. I ALSO think he needs to give a nice big present to Joe Horn who obviously had a hand in getting Roddy to man up and become the receiver we all hoped he would be.

What is our cap situation like? I used to get all of that information off falcfans.com but I couldn't find the current salary cap spread sheet if there is one.

From askthecommish.com

"With the latest extension to the CBA, the 2008 salary cap is $116,729,000"

"Cap Space: Atlanta Falcons $7928010"

Projected cap for 09 is 123mil

We have quite some people to resign, I think Roddy would cost something in the range of 38-42.5 mil over 5 years. (Fitzgerald got a 4y 40min extension)

The Vick contract is just so complex......I don't really get the salary cap implications with his deal...I haven't seen a good explanation of that situation in a real long time.

Where's Cappy when you need him?

The Vick contract is just so complex......I don't really get the salary cap implications with his deal...I haven't seen a good explanation of that situation in a real long time.

Where's Cappy when you need him?

Because of the huge amount of bonus money Vick counts $7.57 million against the Falcons' salary cap in 2008 and more than $8 million in 2009.

Because of the huge amount of bonus money Vick counts $7.57 million against the Falcons' salary cap in 2008 and more than $8 million in 2009.

Thanks 82....and that hit stays the same regardless of his status with the Commish or whether or not we cut him?