Did anyone ever figure out what Houston was thinking....

Flayko247

I've seen the replay dozens of times and I can't for the life of me figure out why he "jumped" the route and allowed Davis to get behind him in the corner of the endzone!!

I didn't notice any crossing routes that would indicate him needing to break off his coverage.

Start Foxworth at Philly!!

He had to see something. There was no reason for him to think that he had to come up for run support.....

Where was Olsen? Did Forte float out behind our linebackers?

It looked like he had either a tight end or back sit down on his side of the middle and another reciever out in the flat with just a lb to try and cover both of them. He paused for a second thinking it would be a checkdown and he would need to make a play on the underneath reciever, not realizing his only job was to cover the corner of the endzone

the main problem was that he didnt get his head around. you cant bat the ball down, get an INT or anything if you dont know where the **** the ball is. but he's made more good plays than bad plays these last couple of weeks so i'll let it go.

He saw something though boss. You can see him on the replays looking into the Bears backfield. It froze him for a nanosecond.

It looked like he had either a tight end or back sit down on his side of the middle and another reciever out in the flat with just a lb to try and cover both of them. He paused for a second thinking it would be a checkdown and he would need to make a play on the underneath reciever, not realizing his only job was to cover the corner of the endzone

That's what I suspected....it's not like Houston was loafing...he just was a little screwed up on his assignment.

I think the kid is going to be good.

That's what I suspected....it's not like Houston was loafing...he just was a little screwed up on his assignment.

I think the kid is going to be good.

i think he will be to, and so will grimes. right now i see a lot of problem with our secondary being coaching. I don't know if any of ya'll dvr'd the game but watch it again. on all of the slants, deep outs, deep crosses, etc... you can watch our corners turn there hips to run with the recievers way to early. they are always trying to run deep not to give up the long ball, but are conceding everything underneath by doing this. I think this is the way they are being coached, to "bend but not break." give up the underneath, but never the explosive play. you can also watch them get out of position easily b/c when they turn there hips to run with the reciever, it makes it almost impossible to recover on a dbl move. they're already out of position, so they have to correct for the first cut, then it's all over with when the reciever makes the second move.

i know i'm being overly criticial here, but look at the difference between houston last year and this year. last year he was always in the recievers pocket, he just failed to make a play on the ball. now it seems like he is always out of position to make a play on the ball and can only attempt to make a tackle. am i the only one who is noticing this???

i think it was supposed to be bracket coverage.... where was coleman?

I can guarantee you that Houston was responsible for that quarter of the field. The only way coleman would have been responsible for over the top "bracket" coverage would be is in a cover 2. No way we were in cover 2 in that situation.

Houston should never let anyone behind him EVER in that situation.

i think he will be to, and so will grimes. right now i see a lot of problem with our secondary being coaching. I don't know if any of ya'll dvr'd the game but watch it again. on all of the slants, deep outs, deep crosses, etc... you can watch our corners turn there hips to run with the recievers way to early. they are always trying to run deep not to give up the long ball, but are conceding everything underneath by doing this. I think this is the way they are being coached, to "bend but not break." give up the underneath, but never the explosive play. you can also watch them get out of position easily b/c when they turn there hips to run with the reciever, it makes it almost impossible to recover on a dbl move. they're already out of position, so they have to correct for the first cut, then it's all over with when the reciever makes the second move.

i know i'm being overly criticial here, but look at the difference between houston last year and this year. last year he was always in the recievers pocket, he just failed to make a play on the ball. now it seems like he is always out of position to make a play on the ball and can only attempt to make a tackle. am i the only one who is noticing this???

No I think you're dead on btd....Who knows? Maybe if Jamaal can continue to apply some pressure we can occasionally play a little tighter coverage. We're definitely going the bend, don't break route right now......We have the speed back there to do it.

I can guarantee you that Houston was responsible for that quarter of the field. The only way coleman would have been responsible for over the top "bracket" coverage would be is in a cover 2. No way we were in cover 2 in that situation.

Houston should never let anyone behind him EVER in that situation.

yeah, the announcers said how the coverage was supposed to be set up. coleman had the deep middle and houston had the outside to the corner.

I've seen the replay dozens of times and I can't for the life of me figure out why he "jumped" the route and allowed Davis to get behind him in the corner of the endzone!!

I didn't notice any crossing routes that would indicate him needing to break off his coverage.

Start Foxworth at Philly!!

He wasn't thinking that's why. There was absolutely no reason for him to do anything but be in his guys hip pocket. He went from hero to zero in a nano second.

I saw that too. The way we were playing so far off yesterday reminded me of the Ed Donatell days.

No I think you're dead on btd....Who knows? Maybe if Jamaal can continue to apply some pressure we can occasionally play a little tighter coverage. We're definitely going the bend, don't break route right now......We have the speed back there to do it.

We do have the speed. houston and grimes, while out of position have great recovery/closing speed. Both have also proven they can run step for step with the recievers down the field. i know i'm not the only one mentioning this, but if would could jsut find a way to get an interior pass rush our pass d would be noticeably better. the qb wouldn't be able to step up and avoid abe or anderson every play. i'm holding my breath on lewis making it back this year

The thing about is that Houston got mixed up but still recovered pretty well. He was blanketing the guy but didn't get his head around in time. That was the issue. It wasn't so much that he got behind Chris but that the slight hesitation put him in a position where he was catching up without enough time to turn and make a play.

The thing about is that Houston got mixed up but still recovered pretty well. He was blanketing the guy but didn't get his head around in time. That was the issue. It wasn't so much that he got behind Chris but that the slight hesitation put him in a position where he was catching up without enough time to turn and make a play.

It just shows that he didnt understand the situation ..