Just as I expected.............still no love for our Falcons

Flayko247

Steve Mariucci sayed on NFLN earlier that while this was a feel-good story, let's not get carried away! The Falcons' wins were over teams with a combined record of 7-15.

Chiefs 1-4

Lions 0-5

Packers 3-3

Bears 3-3

Yet everyone is all over the Giants, and yes I realize they are the defending Superbowl champions, but look at the teams' records they've beaten; a combined record of 6-16.

Redskins 4-2

Rams 1-4

Bengals 0-6

Seahawks 1-4

Point is, most of the media is making it sound like we haven't really beaten any good teams so therefore there's no reason to get too excited about the Falcon's record.

I suppose the trend shall continue...................

GO FALCONS!!!

Steve Mariucci sayed on NFLN earlier that while this was a feel-good story, let's not get carried away! The Falcons' wins were over teams with a combined record of 7-15.

Chiefs 1-4

Lions 0-5

Packers 3-3

Bears 3-3

Yet everyone is all over the Giants, and yes I realize they are the defending Superbowl champions, but look at the teams' records they've beaten; a combined record of 6-16.

Redskins 4-2

Rams 1-4

Bengals 0-6

Seahawks 1-4

Point is, most of the media is making it sound like we haven't really beaten any good teams so therefore there's no reason to get too excited about the Falcon's record.

I suppose the trend shall continue...................

GO FALCONS!!!

THe COwboys wins are over teams with a combined record of 7 - 15 as well.

Generally, when you win, your opponents are going to have a weaker record than you.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm here Ace?? ^_^

What I meant by the thread was that everyone has the Giants as the best team in football. The point is they haven't beaten "top-quality" teams either!!

Plenty of people are gushing over the Falcons right now, but the Falcons will get "love" from everyone else when they accomplish something. As awesome as 4-2 is, especially for this franchise, it's not an accomplishment.

I respectfully disagree, after what has transpired with this team the last two seasons and after EVERYONE predicted doom for us, 4-2 is a helluva accomplishment! :D

If you look at teams who were beaten, then Washington of the NFC east is the class of the East. They have beaten Phily 3-3, Dallas 4-2, Arizona 4-2, New Orleans 3-3, which in the NFC east makes them the only team to consistently beat winning record teams for a total of 14-10 record of opponents they beat.

Dallas has a an opponent record of 8-15 now, and the Giants have a opponent record of 6-16 in their wins. Philly, has opponent record of like 7-9 in their wins for a 3-3 record, so at this point they are a cut below.

The NFC east has a record of beaten opponent wins of like 35-50, below five hundred for the teams they have all beaten, yet somehow they are all so good, and the Class of the NFL.

NFC south has a record of 39-47 for defeated opponents wins, better than the class of the NFL!!

I don't think there was anything wrong with Mooch's comments. I didn't take them nearly as negative as some. I think he's correct. We are doing well, it's a helluva story, and we've lost to the better teams. (I do feel our last two wins were quality wins in the opinion of most "experts)

I don't think there was anything wrong with Mooch's comments. I didn't take them nearly as negative as some. I think he's correct. We are doing well, it's a helluva story, and we've lost to the better teams. (I do feel our last two wins were quality wins in the opinion of most "experts)

Agreed!

Too many people here have a severe inferiority complex.

Just enjoy this ride fellas. Feel comfortable in the absolute certainty that the Atlanta Falcons have placed a flag in the ground and emphatically begun the process of building a Super Bowl caliber team. I have never felt more certain that Atlanta has exactly the correct pieces in place to put our losing image behind us for a very long time. IMO, we are currently at the exact point where the 49er's were in the 80's after they started adding all of those incredible players and creating a championship level team. This is great; we are on our way right now.