Have the Falcons ever had a Rookie Of The Year?

Falcons2Win10

From his Wikipedia page.

Tommy Nobis joined the Falcons for their inaugural season in 1966. That season he won the league's NFL Rookie of the Year, was voted to the Pro Bowl and amassed an unprecedented 294 combined tackles which still stands today as the team's all-time single-season record. In eleven professional seasons he led the Falcons in tackles nine times, went to five Pro Bowls (one in 1972 after two knee surgeries), was named All-Pro twice and was chosen for the NFL's "All-Decade Team" for the 1960s. Miami Dolphins great, running back Larry Csonka commented, "I'd rather play against **** Butkus than Nobis," and Falcon's coach Norm Van Brocklin once pointed to Nobis' locker and proclaimed, "There's where our football team dresses."

Side note.

Not in the HOF.

Not even on the ballot. The_Villagers.gif

I could have sworn that Nobis was ROY and a Pro Bowler his rookie year.

Actually, it looks like he was a ROY. But he was drafted before the mix of NFL/AFL. He made the pro bowl the next year. But I guess technically he did win it, because they didn't merge till what looks like the next year.

Thank you wikipedia.

Actually, it looks like he was a ROY. But he was drafted before the mix of NFL/AFL. He made the pro bowl the next year. But I guess technically he did win it, because they didn't merge till what looks like the next year.

Thank you wikipedia.

This little trip down memory lane has got my blood boiling.

Andre Tippett is now in the Hall and Nobis is not.

Nothing against Tippett, but dammit man!

Yet another reason why this franchise has got to build itself up, get to, and win a SB.

Then they will do one of those "Look at the History of the Falcons" pieces on the team and see what a tragedy it is that this Manbearpig hasn't gotten a bust.

Mix in a little Van Note, Kenn, and Tuggle for good measure.