PFW's Offensive Player of the Week: Matt Ryan

sporkdevil

"Week Six PFW Players of the Week

Oct. 13, 2008

Offense

QB Matt Ryan

Atlanta Falcons

Move over, Virginia Tech. Matt Ryan might have a new signature comeback on his résumé. The Bears appeared to have stolen a win in Atlanta when they took a 20-19 lead with 11 seconds remaining, but Ryan and the offense got the ball back on their own 44-yard line. He calmly hit Roddy White with a perfect strike on the sideline, letting White get out of bounds and leaving one second left on the clock. PK Jason Elam hit the game-winning, 48-yard field goal on the next play to put the surprising Falcons in a three-way tie atop the NFC South at 4-2. Ryan wasn’t sacked all day against the Bears and completed 22-of-30 passes for 301 yards and a fourth-quarter TD to White that gave the Falcons a 19-10 lead."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Featu...8/players06.htm

Wow. Simply amazing, for a rookie QB to get player of the week in the first 6 weeks, against one of the better defenses in the league. I gotta say that game made me a solid believer.

WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING IT WAS RODDY WHITE?!

I was unaware EVERYONE was saying it, I have watched all of the news shows this morning, ESPN First Take, Monday Quarterback, and watched Gameday Scoreboard, and Gameday Final last night and I didnt hear anyone cunfuse Jenks with White???

This is the first time I've seen it since the game