Cullen Harper on Tommy Bowden: He got what he deserved..

SacFalcFan

Both Harper and his EX-DAWG dad ought to have their lips sewn shut. I liked Bowden although he has certainly not delivered what was expected of him at Clemson. But when you look at this team play, it's fairly obvious that they aren't going to be contending for an ACC title with their O line in such utter disarray. No team wins consistently without having the horses up front, and the Tigers certainly don't have those horses. The hype was way too high for them entering the season; only because of their inexperienced offensive line.

Had Bowden not stood so firmly behind Harper, and actually caved in to the fan pressure to start Korn, he might still be the HC there today. For Harper to say that just says a whole lot about that kids character IMO. I know that I don't know what went on behind closed doors with Bowden and Harper, but Bowden did stick with him longer than many coaches would have.

Both Harper and his EX-DAWG dad ought to have their lips sewn shut. I liked Bowden although he has certainly not delivered what was expected of him at Clemson. But when you look at this team play, it's fairly obvious that they aren't going to be contending for an ACC title with their O line in such utter disarray. No team wins consistently without having the horses up front, and the Tigers certainly don't have those horses. The hype was way too high for them entering the season; only because of their inexperienced offensive line.

Had Bowden not stood so firmly behind Harper, and actually caved in to the fan pressure to start Korn, he might still be the HC there today. For Harper to say that just says a whole lot about that kids character IMO. I know that I don't know what went on behind closed doors with Bowden and Harper, but Bowden did stick with him longer than many coaches would have.

Harper tried to backtrack later, but Joe Schad stuck to what he said initially. I have no idea why anyone talked to his dad, or even really cares. Bowden didn't handle the switch to Korn in the best way, but Harper's comments are out of line for a team captain and a senior.

The comments from the players have been as varied as possible. James Davis got emotional and cried about Bowden stepping down. Harper made his comments. Spiller offered a jab at Spence, and questioned Bowden's loyalty to Spence. Bowers and J. Harper just accepted it, and said time to move on basically. Most players said they were in shock. There were some other odd comments as well, especially Crezdon Butler and Dawson Zimmerman offered a humorous explanation.

Harper tried to backtrack later, but Joe Schad stuck to what he said initially. I have no idea why anyone talked to his dad, or even really cares. Bowden didn't handle the switch to Korn in the best way, but Harper's comments are out of line for a team captain and a senior.

The comments from the players have been as varied as possible. James Davis got emotional and cried about Bowden stepping down. Harper made his comments. Spiller offered a jab at Spence, and questioned Bowden's loyalty to Spence. Bowers and J. Harper just accepted it, and said time to move on basically. Most players said they were in shock. There were some other odd comments as well, especially Crezdon Butler and Dawson Zimmerman offered a humorous explanation.

Hasn't Dabo already let one of the coaches go, or am I making that up?

One of my friends told me the other day that they heard through the grapevine that Brad Scott had told some people that the entire coaching staff was in flux and actually having some serious issues amongst themselves. I actually wish that Carolina could jump in there at season's end and get a couple of your better recruiters on board with us. I believe that Rumph is doing a fairly decent recruiting job for the Tigers, isn't he? Or am I mistaken on that too? I hate seeing a former Gamecock player working against us.

Hasn't Dabo already let one of the coaches go, or am I making that up?

One of my friends told me the other day that they heard through the grapevine that Brad Scott had told some people that the entire coaching staff was in flux and actually having some serious issues amongst themselves. I actually wish that Carolina could jump in there at season's end and get a couple of your better recruiters on board with us. I believe that Rumph is doing a fairly decent recruiting job for the Tigers, isn't he? Or am I mistaken on that too? I hate seeing a former Gamecock player working against us.

Rob Spence is gone. One report says Spence left. Others say Swinney fired him. Bowden's loyalty to Spence was another thing that hurt him. Spence doesn't look healthy either. Brad Scott has taken a beating from a lot of people about the o-line play, but Scott is stuck having to teach his line the two point stance that Spence loves so much.

Everyone likes Rumph a lot, and his position players have been solid. On his recruiting, he's only had 2 years I think to recruit, and the only recruit on record with Rumph as the recruiter is Dwayne Allen. There was a four star JUCO DE he had coming in before barely missing grades at the last minute. I've never heard anything bad about his recruiting, but he's not Napier. Yet.

well looks like korn wil be the starter anyways..

Korn is going to start this weekend against our boys. I am concerned about Korn because he has a lot of speed and Tyrod Taylor at Va. Tech gave us some trouble. I look for us to really focus on the run and I really think that Clemson is going to have very difficult time with our front four. Nesbitt and Jaybo are both back healthy and boy does that make a world of difference. I like our chances but Korn scares the daylights out of me.

Korn is going to start this weekend against our boys. I am concerned about Korn because he has a lot of speed and Tyrod Taylor at Va. Tech gave us some trouble. I look for us to really focus on the run and I really think that Clemson is going to have very difficult time with our front four. Nesbitt and Jaybo are both back healthy and boy does that make a world of difference. I like our chances but Korn scares the daylights out of me.

Korn may have the same 40 time as Taylor according to rivals (didn't time as well at other places), but he isn't the running threat Taylor is. When Korn is dropped back to pass, I would look for a lot of rollouts and bootlegs, given his speed and OL troubles. Hopefully, there will be a lot bigger focus on the outside running game.