Play calling vs. Da Bears

Karst41

It took a while for me to digest the game and try to understand

some of the play calling.

The most perplexing to me was why we kept trying in futility

to run the ball up middle.

I was so caught up in the game that I did not see it as the Classic Set Up! (3rd down)

Another Kudo has to go to The Ice Man (Ryan)

Knowing that the run was going to be shut down you stepped up and

threw for 301 yards.

Making those 3rd down conversions against Da Bears was Huge!

I disagree with the play calling the reverse to Douglas hurt our momentum in the red zone..The conservative play calling callin Turner number 3 times inside the 20 to play for a field goal ..We had the Bears on the rope all day they should have never been in that game or made it that close...and Norwood was not involved at all

My only problem with the play calling was in the 4th quarter after Norwood's return. 3 runs is certainly the safe route... But why not go for the knockout? You have a rookie back at QB who is looking like the second coming of Steve Young... Give him the opportunity to put the game away.

I think conservative play calling in those situations is a downer for the team. You just had this fantastic return, and then you do, "nothing," to try and make the most of it. Of course, if Elam makes that kick, we don't have one of the biggest moments in franchise history happen...

I disagree with the play calling the reverse to Douglas hurt our momentum in the red zone..The conservative play calling callin Turner number 3 times inside the 20 to play for a field goal ..We had the Bears on the rope all day they should have never been in that game or made it that close...and Norwood was not involved at all

Didn't the direct snap to Norwood get about 20 yds?

I still think that if the middle is not open for Tuner we need to bring in norwood and work the outsides. Norwood has crazy speed. The bears just clogged the middle and we didnt even try to work the ball outside with norwood. i think that would open up the middle cause it would spread the linebackers.

matter of fact i wouldve worked in Turner and Norwood on the same set so they wouldnt know where we are running. Everyone knows with Turner its going to be off tackle or a cutback. We need to mix up the run game. especially if Ryan is completing passes..

:huh: