Attention Falcons Fans - IT'S OUR TURN

Rev_Hal

I was sitting at home last night, having just finished watching the game for the second time (first time live, 2nd on TiVO). I had a great feeling. It is a feeling I've had before:

September, 1991.

Remember when the Braves took the division from the Dodgers on the last week of the season? The CHOP was a national sensation, and it was the greatest time in Atlanta Braves history (at that time). I remember thinking during all of the euphoria that "It's our turn".

After all of the losing seasons, it was our turn to shine. It was our turn to be a winning franchise. It was our turn to have a great team. We were long suffering Braves fans, and we deserved it. It was our turn to be winners.

Falcon's fans – I say to you today – IT'S OUR TURN!!!!

I want to personally thank Thomas Dimitroff and Mike Smith for what they have brought to this organization. No matter the good intentions of the previous regime, the plan was not working. We were the same old Falcons from the Smith's era. We were the kings of Loserville. High hopes each season were dashed by the reality that we were a bad team. The occasional winning season would just be a tease that we cold possibly have 2 of them in a row.

But there is something VERY different about this Falcon's team. There is a new sense of self-esteem in the organization. It started at the top with Dimitroff and has trickled down to the water boys. This team seems to believe that they are already winners. The swagger I saw yesterday was something foreign. The way this team rallied in the last 11 seconds was just icing on the cake of a game they dominated.

Now don't get me wrong – we are not making the playoffs this year, and I'm not ready to send Ryan to the HOF. But I think this team is turning a corner. This is not just a team, but an entire organization going through a paradigm shift. This team is going to continue to build through the draft, and this is going to be a powerhouse team for years.

It's OUR TURN to have the winning franchise. It's OUR TURN to be in the elite of the NFL. It's OUR TURN to have a team that plays like champions and leaves their hearts on the field very week. It's OUR TURN to be excited about the future of our team.

Gang, it's our turn, and we deserve it!

Hey REV................who knows, Playoffs could happen !!

One game at a time.

I said back in June, in Ryan we have another Roger Staubach. Not in running ability, I know, but everywhere else. Especially between the ears where he excells over 80% of all other NFL QB's. Maybe 90% !!!

Playoffs ?? Who knows.

I do know this. We have a fantastic team with great young and experienced players, both.

Coaching staff second to none. NONE !!!

And...........Matt Ryan, who I wouldn't trade for anyone. ANYONE !!!

Nuff sed.

Hey REV................who knows, Playoffs could happen !!

One game at a time.

I said back in June, in Ryan we have another Roger Staubach. Not in running ability, I know, but everywhere else. Especially between the ears where he excells over 80% of all other NFL QB's. Maybe 90% !!!

Playoffs ?? Who knows.

I do know this. We have a fantastic team with great young and experienced players, both.

Coaching staff second to none. NONE !!!

And...........Matt Ryan, who I wouldn't trade for anyone. ANYONE !!!

Nuff sed.

playoffs...PLAYOFFS!!! You wanna talk about PLAYOFFS!!!

I was sitting at home last night, having just finished watching the game for the second time (first time live, 2nd on TiVO). I had a great feeling. It is a feeling I've had before:

September, 1991.

Remember when the Braves took the division from the Dodgers on the last week of the season? The CHOP was a national sensation, and it was the greatest time in Atlanta Braves history (at that time). I remember thinking during all of the euphoria that "It's our turn".

After all of the losing seasons, it was our turn to shine. It was our turn to be a winning franchise. It was our turn to have a great team. We were long suffering Braves fans, and we deserved it. It was our turn to be winners.

I want to personally thank Thomas Dimitroff and Mike Smith for what they have brought to this organization. No matter the good intentions of the previous regime, the plan was not working. We were the same old Falcons from the Smith's era. We were the kings of Loserville. High hopes each season were dashed by the reality that we were a bad team. The occasional winning season would just be a tease that we cold possibly have 2 of them in a row.

But there is something VERY different about this Falcon's team. There is a new sense of self-esteem in the organization. It started at the top with Dimitroff and has trickled down to the water boys. This team seems to believe that they are already winners. The swagger I saw yesterday was something foreign. The way this team rallied in the last 11 seconds was just icing on the cake of a game they dominated.

Now don't get me wrong – we are not making the playoffs this year, and I'm not ready to send Ryan to the HOF. But I think this team is turning a corner. This is not just a team, but an entire organization going through a paradigm shift. This team is going to continue to build through the draft, and this is going to be a powerhouse team for years.

It's OUR TURN to have the winning franchise. It's OUR TURN to be in the elite of the NFL. It's OUR TURN to have a team that plays like champions and leaves their hearts on the field very week. It's OUR TURN to be excited about the future of our team.

Excellent post! Love it! It is OUR TURN! And its about time! With the Braves fading, now we have a football team we can pin our hopes and dreams on! A real football team! Who would have thunk it in Atlanta?

September, 1991.

Ah game 5 of the 1991 WS; still my top 5 favorite Atlanta sports moment that I attended.

Heck, just look at how the Hawks played this year (at home) with the fans behind them vs. Boston. A loud dome (for the Falcons and not opposing teams) could be the push this team needs.

I believe. Go Falcons!

September, 1991.

Dont forget about the Hawks last year. barely making the playoffs and being the only team to take boston 7 games...cant wait for this year to start with a healthy bibby and Marvin proving a point this year.

But yeah im getting tired of losing and people think of us as losers or an easy win. LETS GO BIRDS. Even if we dont make the playoffs we have something to build off on. TD already has the major peices now its time to add the role players and additions to become a dominate team.